W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > March 2007

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F meeting 32 - 2007-03-13 to 2007-03-15

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:04:25 -0700
Message-ID: <E16EB59B8AEDF445B644617E3C1B3C9C0359B832@repbex01.amer.bea.com>
To: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
I will be arriving late for the meetings.  I'll probably arrive around
11am on tuesday.
 
Cheers,
Dave


________________________________

	From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christopher B
Ferris
	Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 12:55 PM
	To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
	Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F meeting 32 - 2007-03-13 to
2007-03-15
	
	

	Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F meeting 32 - 2007-03-13 to 2007-03-15
	
	This meeting will be hosted by WedMethods in Sunnyvale, Ca F2F
Chair will http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	
	The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented
on the WG's administrative home page:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
	
	Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as
documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with
Zakim:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
	
	Tuesday 13 March, 2007 - 9:00 am PDT - 5:00 pm PDT 
	
	1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair (9:00 am PDT)
	
	a) Scribe List:
	
	Maryann Hondo (scribe Tue Mar 13 AM)
	Dale Moberg (scribe Tue Mar 13 PM)
	Monica Martin (scribe Wed Mar 14 AM)
	Felix Sasaki (scribe Wed Mar 14 PM)
	Asir Vedamuthu (scribe Thu Mar 15 AM)
	Frederick Hirsch (scribe Thu Mar 15 PM)
	Dimitar Angelov
	Sanjiva Weerawarana
	Ruchith Fernando
	Tom Jordahl
	Vladislav Bezrukov
	---------------------- 
	Symon Chang 
	Doug Davis 
	Jacques Durand 
	Steve Jones 
	Paul Knight 
	Mohammad Makarechian 
	Jonathan Marsh 
	Arnaud Meyniel 
	Sanjay Patil 
	Skip Snow 
	Mark Temple-Raston
	Jeff Mischkinsky
	Sanka Samaranayake
	Yakov Sverdlov
	Dale Moberg
	Chris Ferris
	Mark Little
	Glen Daniels
	William Henry
	Toufic Boubez
	Frederick Hirsch
	Prasad Yendluri
	Anthony Nadalin
	Daniel Roth
	Fabian Ritzmann
	Sergey Beryozkin
	Charlton Barreto
	David Orchard
	Ashok Malhotra
	Abbie Barbir
	
	
	b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
	Member only:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
	
	2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair (9:05 am PDT)
	
	a) Review and approval of 2007-03-07 minutes
	Draft minutes:
	http://www.w3.org/2007/03/07-ws-policy-minutes.html 
	Cleaned-up:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0019.html
(member only)
	
	3. Future WG meetings, Chair (9:10 am PDT)
	
	a) Future meetings
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
	Reminder: March 21 telcon is cancelled to allow
members^^^^^^^chairs to recover from F2F
	
	c) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
	http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	
	d) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
	http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	
	4. Editorial team report (9:15 am PDT)
	Current Editors drafts:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
	
	a) WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers Editor's draft
	
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifi
ers.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
	Status: The WG will consider re-publication of a revised draft
since there are no open issues remaining.
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0060.html 
	
	5. Review action items, Chair (9:20 am PDT)
	Open action items:
	Member only:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
	
	ACTION-234 Asir to provide format for recording interop results
	Status: Work in progress and XML format for results will be
available on Fri Mar 9. 
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0062.html
	
	ACTION-238 Paul and Chris to discuss how to collect and maintain
interop results (e.g. who does this)
	Status: To be discussed at F2F.
	
	ACTION-241 Chris Ferris to prepare test cases for feature 43 -
Negative testing
	
	ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the
framework and attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a
change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the
latest available published committee draft
	Status: TBD after the F2F.
	
	ACTION-246         Propose resolution for 4213 (example for
ignorable)         Maryann Hondo         2007-03-14 
	
	ACTION-247         Propose resolution to 4262, Monica to help
Prasad Yendluri         2007-03-14 
	
	ACTION-248  start e-mails on 4300         David Orchard
2007-03-14 
	
	ACTION-249         Create a seperate interop mailing list
(public-ws-policy-interop@w3.org)         Felix Sasaki
2007-03-14 
	Done:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html
(member only)
	
	6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair (9:30 am PDT)
	
	a) Published endpoints available:
	Microsoft:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0171.html
	IBM:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0172.html
	webMethods: 
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0024.html 
	Layer7: 
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0023.html 
	WSO2: 
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0022.html
	Note: we expect to maintain this on the interop status page
being prepared by Asir 
	see Action-234 
	
	b) Discussion of interop infrastructure and setup requirements
	
	ACTION-249 - Create a seperate interop list [on Felix Sasaki -
due 2007-03-14]. 
	DONE: Done:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html
(member only)
	
	c) ACTION-234 Asir to provide format for recording interop
results
	Status: Work in progress and XML format for results will be
available on Fri Mar 9.
	
	d) Editor's questions about interop scenarios
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html
	See also Issue 4311:
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4311
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0035.html
	
	7. CR Issues (10:00 am PDT) 
	
	a. [NEW ISSUE] 4379 Note about c14n 1.1 , Felix 
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0051.html 
	
	8. Adoption of CR test cases (10:10 am PDT)
	
	a) Feature 22 test cases, Ashok
	
	ACTION-240 Ashok to provide feature 22 (wsdl2.0) test cases
using wsdl2.0 documents in the round 3 scenarios
	DONE. See:
	Testcases for External Attachment WSDL 1.1 and 2.0, Ashok
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html
	Status: Ashok is working a revision for the F2F meeting.
	
	b) Feature 23, Ashok
	ACTION-242 Ashok to provide expected outcome docs for Feature 23
test cases
	Status: Pending.
	
	c) Feature 43, negative test cases, Chris
	
	ACTION-241 Chris Ferris to prepare test cases for feature 43 -
Negative testing
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/241
	Status: Chris is working on a test case for the F2F with some a
wsp:name that is invalid operator.
	
	d) test suite issue 4370: Round 2 WSDL 1.1 input file contains
invalid references
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0030.html
	Asir response:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0031.html
	Status: Fabian asked for more time to review the proposed
changes.
	
	e) Other CR test cases issues
	
	9. Break (10:30 am PDT) 
	
	10. Liaison items (11:00 am PDT)
	
	a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 -
Metadata specification
	Email to WS-A WG:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html
	
	Consolidated list of Alternatives A thru D to resolved WS ADDR
LC comment
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0027.html
	Note: I am not proposing we discuss this at this meeting.  This
is being processed by the WS-Addressing WG.
	
	a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
	
	10. Issues requiring proposals for F2F meeting, Paul C (11:05 am
PDT)
	
	a) Issue 4213: Use of empty policy for nesting should be
exemplified
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html
	
	ACTION-246 - Propose resolution for 4213 (example for ignorable)
[on Maryann Hondo - due 2007-03-14].
	
	b) Issue 4262: Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262
	See Monica's recent email:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0061.html
	
	Created ACTION-247 - Propose resolution to 4262, Monica to help
[on Prasad Yendluri - due 2007-03-14].
	
	c) Issue 4300 - Misue of best practises in primer, Umit
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4300
	
	Created ACTION-248 - Orchard start e-mails on 4300 [on David
Orchard - due 2007-03-14].
	
	11. Primer issues (11:30 am PDT)
	
	a) Issue 4103 - Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris
Ferris
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
	See thread ending at:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
	Status: Asir has action 183
	
	ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark.
Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
	See email from Chris Ferris:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0033.html
	
	b) Issue 4339 - Update references to interoperability in
Ignorable Policy Expressions
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4339
	
	c) Issue 4263 - Add text to ignorable discussion on passing
ignorable
	Updated proposal from Monica:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0013.html
	Email discussion:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0012.html
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0011.html
	Recent thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0165.html
	
	d) Issue 4253 - [Primer] Basic Concepts section on Policy does
not explain usage reasonably
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4253
	
	ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and
4253
	DONE.  See:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0078.html 
	See recent thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0048.html
	
	e) Issue 4255 - Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255
	
	ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and
4253
	DONE.  See:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0076.html 
	See recent thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0048.html
	
	f) Issue 4288 - Primer: Absence of Policy Assertions
(editorial), Monica
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0214.html
	ACTION-217  Maryann and Monica to amend issue 4288
	DONE:
	Proposal from Monica:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0014.html
	Recent thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0151.html
	Friendly Amendment from Maryann: 
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0047.html 
	
	12. Lunch (12:30 pm PDT) 
	
	13. Guidelines issues, Part 1 (1:30 pm PDT)
	
	a) Issue 4035 and 4040
	
	ISSUE 4035: [Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop
impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
	recent thread:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0169.html
	
	ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion
of ignorable, Frederick
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html
	
	13. Guidelines issues, Part 2 (2:00 pm PDT)
	
	a) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
	
	b) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for
interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable
property
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
	
	c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
	Fabian's response:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html
	
	d) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on
referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
	Recent thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0167.html
	
	ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into
consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html 
	amended by:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0167.html
	
	e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html
	
	f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues,
Dan
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
	See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html 
	
	14. Break (3:30 pm PDT)
	
	15. Guidelines issues, Part 3 (4:00 pm PDT) 
	
	a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy
attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
	Maryann's response:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html
	
	b) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document.,
Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
	Maryann's response:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
	Asir:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
	Umit:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
	
	c) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an
assertion., Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
	Email discussion thread:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html 
	
	16. Recess (5:00 pm PDT) 
	
	Wednesday 14 March, 2007 - 9:00 am PDT - 5:00 pm PDT
	
	1. Interop prelim report, Jonathan Marsh (9:00 am PDT) 
	
	2. Guidelines issues, Part 4 (9:10 am PDT) 
	
	a) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or
text issues, Dan
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
	
	b) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring
Styles' to policy assertion design?, Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
	Proposal from Umit:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html
	
	c) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html 
	
	3. Break (10:30 am PDT) 
	
	4. Guidelines issues, Part 4 (11:00 am PDT) 
	
	a) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent of
attachment mechanism
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html
	ACTION-218 Umit and Maryann to provide text for subject
attachment Extensibility in guidelines
	DONE.  See:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0057.html
	
	b) ACTION-192 Maryann give proposal for changes resulting from
4142         2007-01-23
	DONE
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0003.html
	
	c) ISSUE 4319: [Guidelines] (Editorial) WS-RMP reference should
be consistent with other references
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4319
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0059.html 
	
	5. Lunch (12:30 pm PDT) 
	
	6. AOB (1:30 pm PDT) 
	
	7. Break (3:30 pm PDT) 
	
	8. AOB (4:00 pm PDT) 
	
	9. Recess (5:00 pm PDT) 
	
	Thursday 15 March, 2007 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
	
	1. Interop report and feedback, Jonathan Marsh (9:00 am PDT) 
	
	2. Break (10:30 am PDT) 
	
	3. AOB 
	
	4. Lunch (12:30 pm PDT) 
	
	5. AOB (1:30 pm PDT) 
	
	6. Break (3:30 pm PDT) 
	
	7. AOB (4:00 pm PDT) 
	
	8. Recess (5:00 pm PDT) 
	
	Christopher Ferris
	STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
	email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
	blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
	phone: +1 508 377 9295 
	
	Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
	17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
	Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
	mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
	
Received on Monday, 12 March 2007 20:06:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:48 GMT