W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > March 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F meeting 32 - 2007-03-13 to 2007-03-15

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:55:26 -0400
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF1711B327.96B8718E-ON8525729C.006C7F50-8525729C.006D60D9@us.ibm.com>
Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F meeting 32 - 2007-03-13 to 2007-03-15

This meeting will be hosted by WedMethods in Sunnyvale, Ca F2F Chair will 
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's 
administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

Tuesday 13 March, 2007 - 9:00 am PDT - 5:00 pm PDT 

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair (9:00 am PDT)

a) Scribe List:

Maryann Hondo (scribe Tue Mar 13 AM)
Dale Moberg (scribe Tue Mar 13 PM)
Monica Martin (scribe Wed Mar 14 AM)
Felix Sasaki (scribe Wed Mar 14 PM)
Asir Vedamuthu (scribe Thu Mar 15 AM)
Frederick Hirsch (scribe Thu Mar 15 PM)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
---------------------- 
Symon Chang 
Doug Davis 
Jacques Durand 
Steve Jones 
Paul Knight 
Mohammad Makarechian 
Jonathan Marsh 
Arnaud Meyniel 
Sanjay Patil 
Skip Snow 
Mark Temple-Raston
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir


b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair (9:05 am PDT)

a) Review and approval of 2007-03-07 minutes
Draft minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/07-ws-policy-minutes.html 
Cleaned-up: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0019.html 
(member only)

3. Future WG meetings, Chair (9:10 am PDT)

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
Reminder: March 21 telcon is cancelled to allow members^^^^^^^chairs to 
recover from F2F

c) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

d) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report (9:15 am PDT)
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers Editor's draft
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

Status: The WG will consider re-publication of a revised draft since there 
are no open issues remaining.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0060.html

5. Review action items, Chair (9:20 am PDT)
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-234 Asir to provide format for recording interop results
Status: Work in progress and XML format for results will be available on 
Fri Mar 9.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0062.html

ACTION-238 Paul and Chris to discuss how to collect and maintain interop 
results (e.g. who does this)
Status: To be discussed at F2F.

ACTION-241 Chris Ferris to prepare test cases for feature 43 - Negative 
testing

ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the framework and 
attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the 
reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest 
available published committee draft
Status: TBD after the F2F.

ACTION-246         Propose resolution for 4213 (example for ignorable)  
Maryann Hondo         2007-03-14 

ACTION-247         Propose resolution to 4262, Monica to help Prasad 
Yendluri         2007-03-14 

ACTION-248  start e-mails on 4300         David Orchard         2007-03-14 


ACTION-249         Create a seperate interop mailing list 
(public-ws-policy-interop@w3.org)         Felix Sasaki         2007-03-14 
Done: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html 
(member only)

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair (9:30 am PDT)

a) Published endpoints available:
Microsoft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0171.html
IBM:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0172.html
webMethods: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0024.html 
Layer7: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0023.html 
WSO2: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0022.html
Note: we expect to maintain this on the interop status page being prepared 
by Asir 
see Action-234 

b) Discussion of interop infrastructure and setup requirements

ACTION-249 - Create a seperate interop list [on Felix Sasaki - due 
2007-03-14]. 
DONE: Done: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html 
(member only)

c) ACTION-234 Asir to provide format for recording interop results
Status: Work in progress and XML format for results will be available on 
Fri Mar 9.

d) Editor's questions about interop scenarios
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html
See also Issue 4311:
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4311
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0035.html

7. CR Issues (10:00 am PDT) 

a. [NEW ISSUE] 4379 Note about c14n 1.1 , Felix 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0051.html 

8. Adoption of CR test cases (10:10 am PDT)

a) Feature 22 test cases, Ashok

ACTION-240 Ashok to provide feature 22 (wsdl2.0) test cases using wsdl2.0 
documents in the round 3 scenarios
DONE. See:
Testcases for External Attachment WSDL 1.1 and 2.0, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html
Status: Ashok is working a revision for the F2F meeting.

b) Feature 23, Ashok
ACTION-242 Ashok to provide expected outcome docs for Feature 23 test 
cases
Status: Pending.

c) Feature 43, negative test cases, Chris

ACTION-241 Chris Ferris to prepare test cases for feature 43 - Negative 
testing
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/241
Status: Chris is working on a test case for the F2F with some a wsp:name 
that is invalid operator.

d) test suite issue 4370: Round 2 WSDL 1.1 input file contains invalid 
references
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0030.html
Asir response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0031.html
Status: Fabian asked for more time to review the proposed changes.

e) Other CR test cases issues

9. Break (10:30 am PDT) 

10. Liaison items (11:00 am PDT)

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata 
specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Consolidated list of Alternatives A thru D to resolved WS ADDR LC comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0027.html
Note: I am not proposing we discuss this at this meeting.  This is being 
processed by the WS-Addressing WG.

a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html

10. Issues requiring proposals for F2F meeting, Paul C (11:05 am PDT)

a) Issue 4213: Use of empty policy for nesting should be exemplified
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html

ACTION-246 - Propose resolution for 4213 (example for ignorable) [on 
Maryann Hondo - due 2007-03-14].

b) Issue 4262: Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262
See Monica's recent email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0061.html

Created ACTION-247 - Propose resolution to 4262, Monica to help [on Prasad 
Yendluri - due 2007-03-14].

c) Issue 4300 - Misue of best practises in primer, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4300

Created ACTION-248 - Orchard start e-mails on 4300 [on David Orchard - due 
2007-03-14].

11. Primer issues (11:30 am PDT)

a) Issue 4103 - Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris Ferris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
See thread ending at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
Status: Asir has action 183

ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir 
Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
See email from Chris Ferris:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0033.html

b) Issue 4339 - Update references to interoperability in Ignorable Policy 
Expressions
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4339

c) Issue 4263 - Add text to ignorable discussion on passing ignorable
Updated proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0013.html
Email discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0011.html
Recent thread: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0165.html

d) Issue 4253 - [Primer] Basic Concepts section on Policy does not explain 
usage reasonably
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4253

ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 4253
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0078.html 
See recent thread: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0048.html

e) Issue 4255 - Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255

ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 4253
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0076.html 
See recent thread: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0048.html

f) Issue 4288 - Primer: Absence of Policy Assertions (editorial), Monica
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0214.html
ACTION-217  Maryann and Monica to amend issue 4288
DONE:
Proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0014.html
Recent thread: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0151.html
Friendly Amendment from Maryann: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0047.html 

12. Lunch (12:30 pm PDT) 

13. Guidelines issues, Part 1 (1:30 pm PDT)

a) Issue 4035 and 4040

ISSUE 4035: [Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of 
non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
recent thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0169.html

ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of 
ignorable, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

13. Guidelines issues, Part 2 (2:00 pm PDT)

a) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

b) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact 
of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html

d) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy 
expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
Recent thread: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0167.html

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration 
today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html 
amended by:  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0167.html

e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html

f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html 

14. Break (3:30 pm PDT)

15. Guidelines issues, Part 3 (4:00 pm PDT) 

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

b) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

c) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html 

16. Recess (5:00 pm PDT) 

Wednesday 14 March, 2007 - 9:00 am PDT - 5:00 pm PDT

1. Interop prelim report, Jonathan Marsh (9:00 am PDT) 

2. Guidelines issues, Part 4 (9:10 am PDT) 

a) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, 
Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

b) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to 
policy assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
Proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html

c) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html 

3. Break (10:30 am PDT) 

4. Guidelines issues, Part 4 (11:00 am PDT) 

a) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent of attachment 
mechanism
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html
ACTION-218 Umit and Maryann to provide text for subject attachment 
Extensibility in guidelines
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0057.html

b) ACTION-192 Maryann give proposal for changes resulting from 4142  
2007-01-23
DONE
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0003.html

c) ISSUE 4319: [Guidelines] (Editorial) WS-RMP reference should be 
consistent with other references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4319
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0059.html 

5. Lunch (12:30 pm PDT) 

6. AOB (1:30 pm PDT) 

7. Break (3:30 pm PDT) 

8. AOB (4:00 pm PDT) 

9. Recess (5:00 pm PDT) 

Thursday 15 March, 2007 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT

1. Interop report and feedback, Jonathan Marsh (9:00 am PDT) 

2. Break (10:30 am PDT) 

3. AOB 

4. Lunch (12:30 pm PDT) 

5. AOB (1:30 pm PDT) 

6. Break (3:30 pm PDT) 

7. AOB (4:00 pm PDT) 

8. Recess (5:00 pm PDT) 

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295 

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Monday, 12 March 2007 19:55:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:48 GMT