W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > February 2007

[VER2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG telcon 26 - 2007-02-07

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:32:10 -0500
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF1E8EA072.614A15F2-ON8525727B.004B6FAD-8525727B.005AD631@us.ibm.com>
Changes from [VER 1] 
- Updated links to completed AIs and links to CR candidate drafts
- Added new issues

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

__________________


Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 26 - 2007-02-07
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's 
administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
 
1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
 
a) Scribe List:

Sergey Beryozkin (Secretary for Feb 7)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
Abbie Barbir
Ashok Malhotra
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
David Orchard
Yakov Sverdlov
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Felix Sasaki
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
 
b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
 
2. Review and approval of f2f and telcon minutes, Chair
 
a) Review and approval of 2007-01-31 minutes
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/31-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
b) Review and approval of 2007-01-16, 2007-01-17, 2007-01-18 minutes, 
Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0014.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0015.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0017.html
Status: See Umit's requested correction:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html
 
3. Future WG meetings, Chair
 
a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Feb 14 - Chair is PaulC
 
b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
 
c) Tue-Thu Mar 13-15 F2F meeting in Santa Clara hosted by webMethods
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0000.html
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Please register as early as possible.
 
d) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Logistics page is not yet available.
 
e) Tue-Thu Jul 24-26 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Logistics page is not yet available.
 
ACTION-189  William Henry to put a proposal page for the July F2F in 
Ireland
 
4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
 
a) WS-Policy Candidate Recommendation Editor's drafts, Editors
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0208.html
Status: WG members have until Wed Feb 7 to review these documents.
 
5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
 

ACTION-183         OPEN         Research ownership of "Contoso" 
name/trademark.[4103]         Asir Vedamuthu         2007-02-06 
ACTION-189         OPEN         Put a proposal page for the July F2F in 
Ireland         William Henry         2007-02-27 
ACTION-192         OPEN         Give proposal for changes resulting from 
4142         Maryann Hondo         2007-01-23 
DONE
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0003.html

ACTION-193         OPEN         Propse guidelines text. Maryann and Monica 
to help.         Ashok Malhotra         2007-01-23
ACTION-196         OPEN         to add example outlined in e 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-ws-policy-irc#T22-21-59 to be added to primer 
        Frederick Hirsch         2007-01-30 
ACTION-201         OPEN         Create a concrete proposal for 4255       
  William Henry         2007-02-07 
ACTION-202         OPEN         Followup with the SX TC if they are 
requesting additional time to do LC review for policy         Christopher 
Ferris         2007-01-25
ACTION-203         OPEN         Will create test cases for xml:id         
Felix Sasaki         2007-02-07 
DONE
[NEW ISSUE] 4301: Test case for xml:id
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4301
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0010.html

ACTION-204         OPEN         Will create test cases for xml:base       
  Christopher Ferris         2007-02-07 
ACTION-209         OPEN         glendaniels will create test cases for the 
policy MIME type, see 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06         Glen 
Daniels         2007-02-07 
ACTION-210         OPEN         Update the meeting schedule at the admin 
HP         Felix Sasaki         2007-02-07
ACTION-211         OPEN         to create test cases for features 37 and 
38 on UDDI         Prasad Yendluri         2007-02-14 
ACTION-212         OPEN         to determine the UDDI scenarios CitiGroup 
can cover         Mark Temple-Raston         2007-02-07 
ACTION-213         OPEN         Find an owner for feature 22         
Christopher Ferris         2007-02-07 
ACTION-214         OPEN         Ask Ashok if he takes on feature 23       
  Paul Cotton         2007-02-07 
ACTION-215         OPEN         Find out who within IBM is answering 4251 
        Maryann Hondo         2007-02-07 
ACTION-216         OPEN         Propose text for primer or guideline for 
issue 4212         Umit Yalcinalp         2007-02-07 
ACTION-217         OPEN         And Monica to amend issue 4288         
Maryann Hondo         2007-02-07 
DONE:
Proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0014.html

ACTION-218         OPEN         And Maryann to provide text for subject 
attachment Extensibility in guidelines         Umit Yalcinalp         
2007-02-07
 
6. Liaison items

None.
 
7. Exiting Last Call
 
CR candidate drafts
Editor's email :
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0209.html 

a) Framework ?
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-framework.html?rev=1.96&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8&only_with_tag=Editors-Draft-24-January-2007
 
b) Attachment ?
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-attachment.html?rev=1.86&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8&only_with_tag=Editors-Draft-24-January-2007 


c) WG comments on proposed CR WDs
 - [NEW ISSUE] 4307: There needs to be a change made to Appendix A. 
"wspolicy+xml media type", Felix
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0023.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0015.html
- [NEW ISSUE] 4306 update namespace document, Chris
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0020.html

d) WG decision to exit Last Call and request transition to CR
 
8. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
 
a) W3C Process 7.4.3 Call for Implementations (aka Candidate 
Recommendation)
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#cfi
Status: our CFI must cover the following items:
 
i) the Working Group SHOULD include a report of present and expected 
implementations as part of the request.
 
ii) the Working Group MAY identify specific features of the technical 
report as being "features at risk"
Asir's note:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0022.html

iii) The request to the Director to advance a technical report to 
Candidate Recommendation MUST indicate whether the Working Group expects 
to satisfy any Proposed Recommendation entrance criteria beyond the 
default requirements
 
Default PR criteria are: Shown that each feature of the technical report 
has been implemented. Preferably, the Working Group SHOULD be able to 
demonstrate two interoperable implementations of each feature.

Results of previous interop:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jun/att-0010/ws-policy-workshop-minutes-April-2006.doc

iv)  The announcement MUST indicate a minimal duration, before which the 
Working Group MUST NOT request a Call for Review of a Proposed 
Recommendation; this minimal duration is designed to allow time for 
comment.
 
v) The announcement SHOULD also include the Working Group's estimate of 
the time expected to gather sufficient implementation data.
 
9. CR interop scenarios and testing
 
a) WS-Policy Features and Interop Scenarios, Asir
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html
 
b) Revised Interop Scenarios, IBM and MSFT
<URL to be provided>
 
c) ACTION-203 Felix will create test cases for xml:id
DONE
[NEW ISSUE] 4301: Test case for xml:id
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4301
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0010.html

d) ACTION-204 Chris will create test cases for xml:base
 
e) ACTION-209  Glen Daniels will create test cases for the policy MIME 
type
 
f) UDDI scenario and test cases, Prasad
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0196.html
ACTION-211         OPEN         to create test cases for features 37 and 
38 on UDDI         Prasad Yendluri         2007-02-14 
ACTION-212         OPEN         to determine the UDDI scenarios CitiGroup 
can cover         Mark Temple-Raston         2007-02-07 

g) Adding negative test cases, Chris F
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0199.html

h) Administrivia: please use bugzilla for test case issues, including 
proposals for missing test cases
 
i) Outstanding test cases, Chair
 
10. WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers
 
a) Issue 4251  Change syntax for some WSDL 1.1 identifiers
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4251
Ashok's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0169.html
David's correction:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0180.html
Status: At the F2F meeting WG members asked for more time to consider this 
matter.
 
11. Primer issues

a) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris 
Ferris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
See thread ending at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
Status: Asir has action 183
 
ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir 
Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
 
b) [NEW ISSUE] 4263: Add text to ignorable discussion on passing ignorable 
property of assertion to domain specific processing
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4263
Updated proposal from Monica: 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0013.html
Email discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0011.html

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4212, 4213 Use of empty policy for nesting should be 
exemplified
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html
ACTION-216         OPEN         Propose text for primer or guideline for 
issue 4212         Umit Yalcinalp         2007-02-07 

d) [NEW ISSUE] 4255: Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255
 
e) Issue 4195
 
ACTION-196 Frederick to add example outlined in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-ws-policy-irc#T22-21-59 to be added to primer
 
f) Issue 4288 - Primer: Absence of Policy Assertions (editorial), Monica
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0214.html 
ACTION-217         OPEN         And Monica to amend issue 4288         
Maryann Hondo         2007-02-07
DONE:
Proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0014.html

12. Guidelines issues 

a) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
 
b) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact 
of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
 
c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html
 
d) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy 
expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
 
ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration 
today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html
 
e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html
 
f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html
 
g) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of 
ignorable, Frederick http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

h) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html
 
i) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
 
j) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
 
k) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, 
Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
 
l) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to 
policy assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
Proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html
 
m) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
 
n) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent of attachment 
mechanism
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html 
ACTION-218         OPEN         And Maryann to provide text for subject 
attachment Extensibility in guidelines         Umit Yalcinalp         
2007-02-07
 
o) [NEW ISSUE] 4262 Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262

p) ACTION-192         OPEN         Give proposal for changes resulting 
from 4142         Maryann Hondo         2007-01-23 
DONE
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0003.html
 
Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295
 
Received on Wednesday, 7 February 2007 16:33:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:47 GMT