Re: ISSUE-31 Proposal to resolve

On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:54 AM, Ian Horrocks wrote:

> Isn't this issue moot now that we have defined our own OWL detatype
> restriction syntax?

No. In fact, if you look at the body, quite the opposite (since it
was raised in light of already having the restriction syntax). I
believe, however, we had a proposal for the URIs (e.g., the daml+oil
solution). I don't know what happened afterwards.

> This being the case we could close the issue without any action.

There is a proposal on the table:

	http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Talk:Syntax#Proposed_Datatype_Edit

As an addition to Syntax#Data_Ranges:

Complex data ranges can be defined in XML Schema documents and reused
within OWL 1.1 documents. In such cases, the datatypeURI represents a
specific element in the XML Schema using a shorthand pointer from the
XPointer Framework. At present, this requires the XML Schema
definition to include an @id attribute. Implementations must support
XML Schema definitions that are expressible using OWL 1.1 data range
constructors.
MikeSmith 07:31, 26 November 2007 (EST)