Re: ISSUE-31 Proposal to resolve

From: Michael Smith <msmith@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:22:06 -0400
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, "OWL 1.1" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 21:18 +0100, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:54 AM, Ian Horrocks wrote:
>
> > Isn't this issue moot now that we have defined our own OWL detatype
> > restriction syntax?
>
> No. In fact, if you look at the body, quite the opposite (since it
> was raised in light of already having the restriction syntax). I
> believe, however, we had a proposal for the URIs (e.g., the daml+oil
> solution). I don't know what happened afterwards.
>
> > This being the case we could close the issue without any action.
>
> There is a proposal on the table:
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Talk:Syntax#Proposed_Datatype_Edit

I agree that this issue is not mooted by the datatype restriction
syntax.  It has been sometime since the issue was discussed and I think
interested parties have been focused elsewhere.

I would prefer leaving the issue open and continuing to defer it as low
priority until the more pressing datatype issues are resolved.

--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia