W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > February 2004

Agenda, 12 February 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:28:37 -0800
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA202886345@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[First draft, please suggest rearrangements if you want to leave early.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Feb/0018.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Igor Sedukhin (fallbacks: Jeffrey Schlimmer, Prasad Yendluri, 
      Dietmar Gaertner, Umit Yalcinalp, Jean-Jacques Moreau, 
      Sanjiva Weerawarana, Youenn Fablet, Youenn Fablet, David Orchard)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Jan 22nd telcon ?
  - Jan 28-30 FTF [.2, .3, .4] and Summary [.5]
  - Feb 5th telcon [.6]

[.1] ?
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0010.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0012.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0011.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0013.html
[.6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/att-0035/040205-
ws-desc-irc.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-09-18: Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
?         2003-11-04: Glen to write up rationale for removing headers 
                      (and?) proposal for a generic header-adding
                      property/feature.
?         2004-01-08: Pauld to write up examples of schemas for the
                      Primer.
?         2004-01-28: Philippe and JMarsh will look at the ipr for 
                      test suite.
?         2004-01-28: Sanjiva to consistify the @name attributes.
?         2004-01-29: David Booth to suggest improvements to the 
                      spec clarifying "WSDL processor".
?         2004-01-30: DaveO to write up a proposal for augmenting 
                      schema information to enable versioned data.
?         2004-01-30: DavidO to write request to schema group to 
                      address the issue of schema not supporting 
                      ignoring extended content.
?         2004-01-30: Tom to write proposal on version attribute 
                      (modeled after schema's).
?         2004-01-30: Umit to write a proposal on @wsdlLocation
?         2004-01-30: Jonathan to investigate typo in last f2f 
                      meeting on _S_erviceType.
DONE      2004-01-30: Issues list editor to retitle Issues 113 and 
                      91.
?         2004-01-30: Philippe to draft a note for the group around 
                      safe operations.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTFs
     - March 4-5, Cannes-Mandelieu, France [.1]
       Joint session with the TAG, XMLP?
  b. Web Architecture Document [.2, .3] review:
       Volunteers so far: Jacek, Bijan, Jonathan

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2003/08/allgroupoverview.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0029.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns (dormant)
 c. Attributes (dormant)
 d. Media type description (dormant)
 e. QA & Testing
  - Response to comments on QA Spec Guidelines [.2]
  - Implement QA Operational guidelines? [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0000.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0074.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Issues 137, 138 already added (see below)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0137.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0022.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0034.html

Note that I am not treating the following thread as an issue yet:
  - Reuse faults by ref (Daveo) [.5]
I'm waiting for confirmation from DaveO that this is not obsoleted by
FTF decisions.

 [.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0140.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Ratifying renaming decisions from FTF.
  FTF produced proposals with general acclaim to rename the following
  constructs:
  - Issue 118: s/@message/@element/ [.2]
  - Issue 119: s/@messageReference/@label/ [.3]
  - Issue 116: s/A,B/IN,OUT/ (already closed?) [.4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0011.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x118
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x119
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x116

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 137: Properties should not be limited to simple types [.1, .2]

  - Proposed resolution: Change the xs:anySimpleType in section 2.7.2.3 
    to xs:anyType, and appropriately rewording the text in table 2-7.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x137
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0034.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - Two formulations at [.2, .3]
  - STATUS: Need to gauge interest, action someone to refine the
    pattern.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0192.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0195.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 138: Second level xs:import [.1, .2]
  - Proposed resolution [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0137.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0022.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 120: Operation Name feature proposal [.1, .2]
      Mark Baker had some comments [.3, .4].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x120
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0082.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0173.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0175.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 135: WSDL Specification readability [.1]
    "The WSDL specs contains a lot of formulaic text, making them 
    harder to read than they could be. A lot of the infoset related 
    data could be easily moved into an appendix. This would make the 
    bulk of the spec just as informative and a lot easier to read.  
    Could we move some of the formulaic text to an appendix?"

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x135

==================================================================
Following items pending additional input:
------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue #96 [.1]
    STATUS: Discussion scheduled for 2/21 telcon.
    Jean-Jacques to re-present the concrete issue.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x96

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue #104 Appendix E cleanup (using alternate type systems) [.1]
  - Bijan's review [.2].
  - Might want to add OWL support to appendix E
    STATUS: Awaiting concrete proposal from Jacek and Bijan.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x104 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0136.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0182.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 109: WSDL versioning [.1]
  - Use cases (DavidO) [.2]
  - Requirements (PaulD) [.3]
    STATUS: Awaiting 3 DaveO actions, 1 TomJ action.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x109
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0070.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0076.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 79 [.1]
    STATUS: Dependent on
    ACTION: David Booth to suggest improvements to the spec clarifying 
            "WSDL processor".

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x79

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 106: Using RDF in WSDL [.1, 2].
    STATUS: Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x106 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 92: Layering message patterns [.1]
    STATUS: Schedule for FTF.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x92

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue 112: Headers at the abstract level [.1]
  - Headers as first-class citizens [.2]
    STATUS: discuss offline until FTF.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue 134: Proposal for adding Compositors [.1]
    STATUS: Schedule for FTF.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112

==================================================================
Other Part 1/Part 2 issues:
  111: Simplified syntax?  
  114: Name of wsoap:fault/@name  
  117: Marking operations as 'safe'  
  121: Broken resolution of NCNAME or QNAME 
  122: messageReference semantics on binding 
  123: Requiring all operations to be bound 
  124: Semantics of mandatory properties and features 
  125: Make messageReference mandatory 
  126: Confusion between binding and element names 
  127: Behavior if import/include fails 
  128: Two imports for the same namespace illegal? 
  129: Allow multiple values for import/include locations 
  131: Treatment of optional extensions 
  132: Message attribute optional 
  133: Why aren't two input/output elements allowed to share the 
       same @element value? 
  136: Add in-optional-out MEP 

==================================================================
Following items pending completion of Parts 1 and 2:
------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue 32: Support for SOAP 1.1 [.1].
  - Awaiting announcement of updated charter.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x32

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
    extensions can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful 
    properties.  Ask Mark for a definitive list of those properties 
    so we can consider how to associate them with property URIs or 
    namespaces.
  - Marking WSDL operations as "safe" (DaveO/TAG) [.6, .7]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0104.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0021.html
Received on Monday, 9 February 2004 18:29:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 5 February 2014 07:15:02 UTC