RE: Second level xs:import

I must admit that I'm confused about the rules used to decide what goes into
the core spec and what goes into the primer.

My understanding is that an implementer should never need to read anything
but the core specs in order to implement. A primer, to my understanding, is
the moral equivalent of an O'Reilly book. Nice to have but it's not the
reference and references need to be self-contained. This includes
explanations for any ambiguities or non-intuitive behaviors.

The current WSDL spec contains explanatory non-normative text of the exact
same nature as what I propose below.

For example, section 4.2 has the follow explanatory paragraph " Specifically
it can be used to import components from WSDL descriptions that do not share
a target namespace with the importing document. Components in imported
descriptions are part of the component model of the importing description.
The imported components can be referenced by QName. Using the import
construct is a necessary condition for making components from another
namespace available to a WSDL description. That is, a WSDL description
cannot refer to components in a namespace other that the target namespace
unless an import statement for that namespace is present. "

If the previous paragraph is appropriate for the core spec and not for the
primer then why is the text I proposed inappropriate for the core spec?

            Just Curious,

                    Yaron