issue: optional parts in <message>?

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 02:18:04 +0600
To: "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
<issue id="issue-message-parts">
  <head>Should the message part mechanism be extended to support optional
        parts etc.?</head>
  In WSDL 1.1, a message can only be defined to be a sequence of parts.
  It is not possible to indicate that certain parts may be optional,
  may occur multiple times, etc.? Should we do that? Overlapping with
  XML Schema's mechanisms is an obvious concern.
  <source>Sanjiva Weerawarana</source>
</issue>

Could we also start discussing this issue please?