RE: issue: optional parts in <message>?

To me, it feels like we don't need message and parts. What's the
justification for this entire structure?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 1:18 PM
To: WS-Desc WG (Public)
Subject: issue: optional parts in <message>?

<issue id="issue-message-parts">
  <head>Should the message part mechanism be extended to support
optional
        parts etc.?</head>
  In WSDL 1.1, a message can only be defined to be a sequence of parts.
  It is not possible to indicate that certain parts may be optional,
  may occur multiple times, etc.? Should we do that? Overlapping with
  XML Schema's mechanisms is an obvious concern.
  <source>Sanjiva Weerawarana</source>
</issue>

Could we also start discussing this issue please?

Sanjiva.