Re: issue: optional parts in <message>?

From: Prasad Yendluri <pyendluri@webmethods.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 13:54:01 -0700
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
CC: "WS-Desc WG (Public)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
I think this is very desirable. You would want to identify the different
abstractions as separate parts in the message and not bundle the entire
message into say a single part captured by the XML schema. I think
representing optionality at the abstract level (message level) is desirable.
E.g. if I can see that this operation returns a PO plus one or more
attachments at the abstract level it more valuable and we need not burden the
PO schema to embed the optionality of arbitrary attachments that come from a
totally unrelated namespace or content-type.

Regards, Prasad