W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > January 2007

RE: [VER2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 22 - 2007-01-03

From: Toufic Boubez <tboubez@layer7tech.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 00:58:27 -0800
Message-ID: <970F9C1BF72BF24C8932796D254568B7D4CCEC@layer7-mx0.l7tech.local>
To: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Regrets for tomorrow. I am on vacation this week and not allowed to use my laptop! :)
 
  --  Toufic
 
Toufic Boubez, Ph.D.
Chief Technology Officer

(o)  604.681.9377 x310
(m) 604.288.7970
 <http://www.layer7tech.com/assets/images/20061005/layer7_logo.png> 
Secure, Simplify, Scale your Web Services.

________________________________

From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org on behalf of Christopher B Ferris
Sent: Tue 1/2/2007 8:18 AM
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: [VER2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 22 - 2007-01-03



Updated Actions with resolutions 
Added recent new issues 
Updated open issues with email thread links 

Cheers, 

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295 

__________________ 


Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 22 - 2007-01-03

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Glen Daniels (scribe for Jan 3)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Abbie Barbir
Anthony Nadalin
Ashok Malhotra
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann
David Orchard
Toufic Boubez
Yakov Sverdlov
Felix Sasaki
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Monica Martin

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/20-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Jan 10 - Chair is Paul Cotton.

b) Please make your plans for attending the F2F in Jan, hosted by BEA
in San Francisco.
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Status: Registration closes on Fri Jan 5.

c) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. Editorial team report

a) ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors

b) Documents for review for F2F meeting

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items - Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-166 Help drive the publication of the WD Primer and FPWD Guidelines drafts, by Dec 21 Felix Sasaki
Status: DONE. 
Note that the public WS-Policy page needs to be updated to link to the published drafts.

ACTION-170 Work with Monica on a concrete proposal for changes to the Primer to accomodate the general sense of the proposal in issue 4069 Asir Vedamuthu
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0081.html

ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton

ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors

ACTION-173 Add the change proposal to Issue 4045 Christopher Ferris

ACTION-174 See what XPointer are in line with WSDL and syntax David Orchard

ACTION-175 Open an issue related to operations with the same name. Fabian Ritzmann
Status: DONE 
See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0001.html 

ACTION-176 Revise proposal to accommodate Chris Ferris's ideas. Umit to assist. Issue 3953. Coordinate with MaryAnn and Chris Ferris. Frederick Hirsch 
Status: Done 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html
See below 

6. Last Call Reviews from other WGs

a) C14N 1.1 Last Call review announcement, XML Core WG
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006OctDec/0109.html

Paul's previous review from Oct 2006:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0142
Status: Paul is trying to determine if the Last Call documents have changed from the WDs he reviewed in Oct.

7. Last Call Framework and Attachment Issues

a) ISSUE 4069: Updating References for Use of xml:id
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4069
See note from Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0041.html

ACTION-170 Work with Monica on a concrete proposal for changes to the Primer to accomodate the general sense of the proposal in issue 4069 Asir Vedamuthu
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0081.html

b) ISSUE 4128: Add References to WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 Component Syntax, Ashok 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0003.html 

c) ISSUE 4129: Attaching Policies to EPRs, Ashok 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0004.html 

d) ISSUE 4130: Ignorable assertion must be ignored, Ashok 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0005.html 

8. Primer Doc Issues

a) ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the ignorable attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David Orchard
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0070.html
Status: David outlined his proposal at the Dec 20 meeting.  The WG has until Jan 3 to decide if it should be adopted.

b) (NEW) ISSUE 4041: Update primer to mention ignorable as needed, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4041
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0026.html

ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris Ferris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
See thread ending at: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html 

9. Guidelines issues

a) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
Status: Frederick's update proposal against more recent Guidelines doc:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0008.html 
Revised proposal, closing Action-176: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html

ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM and security composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp 2006-12-13
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0066.html

ACTION-176 Revise proposal to accommodate Chris Ferris\\\\' ideas. Umit to assist. Issue 3953. Coordinate with MaryAnn and Chris Ferris. Frederick Hirsch 
Status: Done 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html

b) 3979 Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html

c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html

d) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html

e) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html 
See exchange between Dan and Umit at: 
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html

f) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of ignorable, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

g) 3978 Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

h) 3989 Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

i) 3988 Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

j) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

k) ISSUE (4074): [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

l) 3981 What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
n) 3986 Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3986
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html

m) 3987 Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

o) 3990 Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html

10. WSDL11 Element Identifiers

a) Dec Editor's Draft:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html
See note from David:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0048.html

b) ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html

ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton

Ashok raised the matter with the WSDL WG.  See thread starting at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0058.html
See WSDL WG's response: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0092.html 
Also see the thread regarding the "In/Out" designators: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0100.html 

c) ISSUE 4045: Scoping WSDL1.1 identifiers to WS-Pol Att defined attachment points
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4045
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0031.html

ACTION-173 Add the change proposal to Issue 4045 Christopher Ferris

d) 'Canonical form for WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers', Paul
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0028.html

ACTION-174 See what XPointer are in line with WSDL and syntax David Orchard

e) Support for operations with the same name, Fabian
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0065.html

ACTION-175 Open an issue related to operations with the same name. Fabian Ritzmann

11. Any other business

12. Adjourn



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Wednesday, 3 January 2007 08:59:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:45 GMT