W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > February 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG telcon 29 - 2007-02-28

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:16:43 -0500
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF187BED79.2B33547C-ON8525728E.008395DB-8525728F.0001880A@us.ibm.com>
Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 29 - 2007-02-28

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's 
administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Ashok Malhotra (Scribe for Feb 28)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
Abbie Barbir
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Felix Sasaki
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2007-02-21 minutes
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/21-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Mar 7 - Chair is Paul

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

c) Tue-Thu Mar 13-15 F2F meeting in Santa Clara hosted by webMethods
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0000.html
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Please register before the Mar 5 deadline and as early as possible.

d) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

e) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-213 Chris Ferris to find an owner for feature 22

ACTION-225 Philippe to ut up logistics page for Dublin F2F

ACTION-226 Philippe to update member page to reflect the change in F2F 
dates and to change the cancelled meeting from Aug 1 to Jul 25

ACTION-227 Chris Ferris to add issues for attachments, guidelines and 
primer related to the changed qname of the ws-addressing metadata 
assertion

ACTION-228 Chris Ferris and Umit to revise WG draft comments to WS-A WG

ACTION-229 Fabian and other WG members to reply in timely manner to the 
revised draft from TF

ACTION-230 Chris Ferris and Paul to send resulting material to the WS-A WG 
by Feb 23 after reaching consensus within the WG

ACTION-231 Chris Ferris and Paul to inform the WS-RX TC of our comments on 
WS-A Metadata

ACTION-232 Chris Ferris and Paul to open dialog with WS-A and WS-RX TC 
chairs to find a way forward to address the problems between the three 
groups

ACTION-233 Asir to update features and scenarios table in document

ACTION-234 Asir to provide format for recording interop results

6. Adoption of new CR test cases
Status: The WG agreed to review these new test cases before the Feb 28 
meeting so that meeting can decide on their adoption.

a) Test cases for xml:id, Felix
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4301
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0010.html
See dialogue in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0041.html

b) Test case for xml:base usage, Chris F
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0062.html

c) Test case for the policy MIME type, Glen
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0001.html

d) UDDI scenario and test cases, Prasad
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0206.html

e) Feature 23 test cases, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0104.html

7. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata 
specification
Draft discussed on Feb 21:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0110.html

8. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
Member-only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Feb/0020.html

9. WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers
Status: No one volunteered at the Feb 21 meeting to lead an email 
discussion of these comments.  Therefore the WG will have to discuss these 
in a distributed meeting.

a) Issue 4331: WSDL WG comment 1
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0092.html

b) Issue 4332: WSDL WG comment 2
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0093.html

10. CR interop scenarios and testing
Note: Please use bugzilla for test case issues, including proposals for 
missing test cases.

a) WS-Policy Features and Interop Scenarios, Asir
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html

b) Updated interop scenarios document, Editors
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html

c) Adding negative test cases, Chris F
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0199.html

d) Outstanding test cases, Chair
ACTION-213 Chris Ferris to find an owner for feature 22

e) Editor's questions about interop scenarios
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html
See also Issue 4311:
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4311
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0035.html

f) Other interop scenario discussion items

11. CR issues

a) Issue 4318: Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used as a 
reference? Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0058.html

12. Primer issues

a) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris 
Ferris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
See thread ending at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
Status: Asir has action 183

ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir 
Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
See email from Chris Ferris:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0033.html

b) Issue 4263 - Add text to ignorable discussion on passing ignorable
Updated proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0013.html
Email discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0011.html

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4212, 4213 Use of empty policy for nesting should be 
exemplified
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html

ACTION-216 Umit to propose text for primer or guideline for issue 4212
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0094.html

d) Issue 4253: [Primer] Basic Concepts section on Policy does not explain 
usage reasonably
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4253

ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 4253
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0078.html

e) [NEW ISSUE] 4255: Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255

ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 4253
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0076.html

f) Issue 4288 - Primer: Absence of Policy Assertions (editorial), Monica
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0214.html
ACTION-217  Maryann and Monica to amend issue 4288
DONE:
Proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0014.html

g) Issue 4300 - Misue of best practises in primer, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4300

13. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 4035: [Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of 
non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

b) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of 
ignorable, Frederick http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4262 Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262
See Monica's recent email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0061.html

14. Guidelines issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

b) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact 
of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html

d) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy 
expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration 
today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html

e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html

f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html

g) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

h) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

i) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

j) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, 
Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

k) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to 
policy assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
Proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html

l) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html

m) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent of attachment 
mechanism
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html
ACTION-218 Umit and Maryann to provide text for subject attachment 
Extensibility in guidelines
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0057.html

n) ACTION-192 Maryann give proposal for changes resulting from 4142  
2007-01-23
DONE
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0003.html

o) ISSUE 4319: [Guidelines] (Editorial) WS-RMP reference should be 
consistent with other references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4319
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0059.html
Received on Tuesday, 27 February 2007 00:17:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:47 GMT