W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > February 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG telcon 28 - 2007-02-21

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:53:56 -0800
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC2257301A862AB0@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 28 - 2007-02-21

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

David Orchard (Scribe for Feb 21)
Ashok Malhotra (Scribe for Feb 28)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
Abbie Barbir
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Felix Sasaki
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2007-02-14 minutes
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/14-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Feb 28 - Chair is Chris.

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

c) Tue-Thu Mar 13-15 F2F meeting in Santa Clara hosted by webMethods
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0000.html
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Please register before the Mar 5 deadline and as early as possible.

d) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Status: This logistics page is now available.

e) Tue-Thu Jul 24-26 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Logistics page is not yet available.

ACTION-189 William Henry to put a proposal page for the July F2F in Ireland
Status: See William's note about the date of this meeting:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Feb/0025.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Updated interop scenarios document, Editors
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/WS-Policy-Scenarios.pdf
Note: I have placed the Editor's questions about a testing framework later in the agenda.

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-189 William Henry to ut a proposal page for the July F2F in Ireland

ACTION-211 Prasad Yendluri to create test cases for features 37 and 38 on UDDI

ACTION-213 Chris Ferris to find an owner for feature 22

ACTION-216 Umit to propose text for primer or guideline for issue 4212
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0094.html

ACTION-219 Maryann to work with Asir and Umit to review the changed WS-A Metadata document  Due: 2007-02-14

ACTION-222 Editors to Implement above resolution (http://www.w3.org/2007/02/14-ws-policy-irc#T17-57-45)

ACTION-223 Paul and Chris to get explicit comment from WSDL 2 WG on status

6. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Feb/0005.html

ACTION-219 Maryann to work with Asir and Umit to review the changed WS-A Metadata document  Due: 2007-02-14

7. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
Member-only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Feb/0020.html

8. WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers

a) Issue 4331: WSDL WG comment 1
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0092.html

b) Issue 4332: WSDL WG comment 2
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0093.html

9. CR interop scenarios and testing
Note: Please use bugzilla for test case issues, including proposals for missing test cases.

a) WS-Policy Features and Interop Scenarios, Asir
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html

b) Updated Interop Scenarios, IBM and MSFT
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0008.html

c) Updated interop scenarios document, Editors
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html

d) ACTION-203 Felix will create test cases for xml:id
DONE
[NEW ISSUE] 4301: Test case for xml:id
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4301
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0010.html
See dialogue in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0041.html

e) ACTION-204 Chris will create test cases for xml:base
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0062.html

f) ACTION-209 Glen Daniels will create test cases for the policy MIME type
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0001.html

g) UDDI scenario and test cases, Prasad
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0196.html

ACTION-211 Prasad to create test cases for features 37 and 38 on UDDI
Status: See Prasad's email and questions:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0055.html

h) Feature 42, Skip
ACTION-212 Mark Temple-Raston to determine the UDDI scenarios CitiGroup can cover
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0029.html

i) Adding negative test cases, Chris F
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0199.html

j) Outstanding test cases, Chair
ACTION-213 Chris Ferris to find an owner for feature 22

k) Feature 23 test cases
Status: Ashok offered to provide test cases for Feature 23.

l) Editor's questions about interop scenarios
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html
See also Issue 4311:
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4311
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0035.html

m) Other interop scenario discussion items

11. CR issues

a) Issue 4318: Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used as a reference? Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0058.html

12. Primer issues

a) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris Ferris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
See thread ending at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
Status: Asir has action 183

ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
See email from Chris Ferris:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0033.html

b) Issue 4263 - Add text to ignorable discussion on passing ignorable
Updated proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0013.html
Email discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0011.html

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4212, 4213 Use of empty policy for nesting should be exemplified
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html

ACTION-216 Umit to propose text for primer or guideline for issue 4212
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0094.html

d) Issue 4253: [Primer] Basic Concepts section on Policy does not explain usage reasonably
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4253

ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 4253
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0078.html

e) [NEW ISSUE] 4255: Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255

ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 4253
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0076.html

f) Issue 4288 - Primer: Absence of Policy Assertions (editorial), Monica
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0214.html
ACTION-217  Maryann and Monica to amend issue 4288
DONE:
Proposal from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0014.html

g) Issue 4300 - Misue of best practises in primer, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4300

13. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 4035: [Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

b) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of ignorable, Frederick http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4262 Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262
See Monica's recent email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0061.html

14. Guidelines issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

b) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html

d) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html

e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html

f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html

g) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

h) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

i) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

j) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

k) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
Proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html

l) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html

m) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent of attachment mechanism
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html
ACTION-218 Umit and Maryann to provide text for subject attachment Extensibility in guidelines
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0057.html

n) ACTION-192 Maryann give proposal for changes resulting from 4142         2007-01-23
DONE
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0003.html

o) ISSUE 4319: [Guidelines] (Editorial) WS-RMP reference should be consistent with other references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4319
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0059.html

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Tuesday, 20 February 2007 01:54:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:47 GMT