Re: "operation name" .. an alternate proposal

At 12:31 PM 7/8/2004 -0700, Prasad Yendluri wrote:
>. . . My preference would be towards a mechanism that captures [the
>operation name] in the message itself . . . .

I agree that this would be conceptually cleaner layering, having the
message body include all and only the information that is semantically
relevant to the application (since the operation name is clearly
semantically relevant if it is used to dispatch).  However, my perception
is that this isn't the direction the industry winds are blowing.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard