Re: The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> Thanks for this. Just to flag that I think there will be one more change proposal on the way before tomorrow's deadline. I'm trying to help various people who have expressed a desire for a punning solution to put one together: ie (I'm sorry, this may well not use the terminology you currently find acceptable) the URI identifies both the thing and the instance -- the thing by default -- and the properties used in statements about that URI determine which is meant.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeni

Thanks for the heads-up. The problem I had in trying to articulate
such approaches for the ISSUE-57 review document was how to reconcile
them with RDF model theory. I would recommend that the proposal
addresses this somehow, either by actually being clearly compatible
(saying something about what the intended interpretations are like, if
necessary), or by stating explicitly that the model theory as
currently specified becomes inapplicable - either approach is OK for
purposes of discussion. Personally, quite independent of the merits of
the idea, I will not be very happy with the proposal if it simply
sweeps this issue under the rug.

Jonathan