W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2012

Re: Minutes from March 15 TAG Telcon

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:09:42 -0400
Message-ID: <4F71BC16.9020805@arcanedomain.com>
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Not to appear ungrateful, but how are things going with the API draft for 
the F2F? I hope we can still get something in time for everyone to read and 
consider before the meeting if that's practical. Thank you again.

Noah

On 3/27/2012 8:47 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> They are available (as draft) at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/03/15-minutes.html.
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Text follows.
>
> ===
>
>     [1]W3C
>
>        [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                 - DRAFT -
>
>                                    TAG
>
> 15 Mar 2012
>
>     [2]Agenda
>
>        [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/02-agenda
>
> Attendees
>
>     Present
>            AM, JT, LM, NM, PL, RB, YL, HT, JAR
>
>     Regrets
>            TBL
>
>     Chair
>            NM
>
>     Scribe
>            Robin Berjon
>
> Contents
>
>       * [3]Topics
>           1. [4]Convene
>           2. [5]Minutes Approval
>           3. [6]Administrative items
>           4. [7]IETF Paris Meeting
>           5. [8]F2F Planning
>           6. [9]HTML.next
>           7. [10]<scribe>  Topic: Web Application Storage
>           8. [11]Pending Review Items
>           9. [12]Overdue actions
>       * [13]Summary of Action Items
>       __________________________________________________________
>
>     <JeniT>  ScribeNick: darobin
>
>     <scribe>  Scribe: Robin Berjon
>
>     Date: 15 Mar 2012
>
> Convene
>
>     NM: regrets next week?
>
>     RB: yes, I'm in China
>
>     NM: probable cancellation on the 29th, but we'll see later
>
> Minutes Approval
>
>     <noah>  [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/03/08-minutes.html
>
>       [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/03/08-minutes.html
>
>     RESOLUTION: minutes 20120308 approved
>
> Administrative items
>
>     NM summarises agenda
>
>     NM: we'll look at the f2f agenda and revisit if needed
>
>     ACTION-641?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-641 -- Noah Mendelsohn to try and find list
>     of review issues relating to HTML5 from earlier discussions --
>     due 2012-03-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/641
>
>       [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/641
>
>     NM: Larry suggested finding priority list, in the meantime we
>     more or less decided not to do HTML.next
>     ... Robin, how confident about API Privacy?
>
>     RB: 10 days earlier?
>
>     NM: not hard, but earlier is useful
>
>     RB: I'll have it done
>
>     NM: logistics?
>     ... agenda still rough, will take shape based on advice today
>     ... looking for guidance on http+aes
>
>     LM: i think things have moved on and that it isn't we shouldn't
>     bother talking about it
>     ... -1
>
>     JT: didn't we discuss this last week and say yes we should talk
>     about it
>
>     NM: won't go into details, but question is: should we schedule
>     a session on this?
>
>     JT: what's happened, Larry?
>
>     LM: there's an encrypted media task force
>
>     NM: JAR talking about are there different classes of URIs,
>     public and private, HT sems to be on side of thinking this is a
>     bad idea
>
>     HT: willing to be educated!
>
>     NM: so, that's a maybe
>
>     JT: the minutes last week say that NM would schedule a
>     discussion this week
>
>     LM: there's an encrypted media TF
>
>     NM: when do they report?
>
>     LM: I don't know; there was a serious proposal from MS, Google,
>     and Cable Labs about this
>
>     NM: IETF?
>
>     LM: no, this is in HTML WG
>
>     HT: suggest you contact the co-chairs and ask what they expect
>     in terms of timing
>
>     <scribe>  ACTION: Noah to contact HTML WG co-chairs to ask about
>     timing for output of Encrypted Media TF
>
>     <trackbot>  Created ACTION-677 - Contact HTML WG co-chairs to
>     ask about timing for output of Encrypted Media TF [on Noah
>     Mendelsohn - due 2012-03-22].
>
>     <noah>  . ACTION: Noah to contact HTML WG chairs to get advice
>     on likely trajectory of work on encryted media
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-677 Due 2012-03-24
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-677 Contact HTML WG co-chairs to ask about
>     timing for output of Encrypted Media TF due date now 2012-03-24
>
>     NM: any other admin?
>
>     [nope]
>
> IETF Paris Meeting
>
>     NM: need for further work?
>
>     YL: Larry will be around, Robin can be around as needed
>     ... will contact the AD of app area for a meeting
>     ... I will do this shortly
>     ... expect a meeting at the beginning of the week to discuss
>     what we're doing
>
>     LM: another thing that's relevant for TAG is HTTP WG, SPDY,
>     HTTP2
>
>     YL: that's on Thu; there's also Mon for HTTPbis
>
>     LM: IRI working group will meet, there's been a lot of progress
>     ... Websec meets, of course, and is center of work on web
>     security, CORS, etc.
>
>     YL: there are other things around privacy that may be of
>     interest to people, plus general discussion, coordination
>
>     LM: applications area directorate (HT is member) usually meets
>
>     YL: PLH and TLR will be there, and MarkN
>
>     LM: apps area working group will take up MIME registry update
>
>     YL: lots of opportunities for impromptu meetings, just need to
>     find slots to make interesting to everybody
>     ... [16]https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/83/agenda.html
>
>       [16] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/83/agenda.html
>
>     LM: worthwhile reviewing document on MIME registry
>     ... lots of progress on IRI
>     ... involvement from I18N WG reviewing the document
>     ... Web Security group meets, things to do there
>
>     YL: apps-area, websec (monday)
>
>     LM: as well of course as RTCWeb
>
>     YL: good summary of the most interesting stuff for us
>
>     LM: MarkN has written an ID capturing the work on discussing
>     registries in general, fixing IANA
>     ... there should be good discussion of that
>
>     YL: I don't think there's anything schedule for that
>
>     LM: yes, MarkN said he was trying to schedule an impromptu on
>     this
>
>     <Zakim>  jar, you wanted to raise his very annoying HTTP
>     question
>
>     JAR: want to get a volunteer for my question to the HTTP WG
>
>     <Yves>
>     [17]https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-appsawg-happia
>     na-00
>
>       [17] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-appsawg-happiana-00
>
>     JAR: not discuss now, just looking for volunteer
>
>     <noah>  JAR: Question is whether "representation" is used as a
>     term of art, or more informally
>
>     JAR: YL are you volunteering to understand my question?
>
>     YL: I'll try to convey, understanding is another problem :)
>
>     <Larry>
>     [18]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-appsawg-happian
>     a-00
>
>       [18] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-appsawg-happiana-00
>
>     <jar>  I sent the question on Feb 7 to httpbis
>
>     <jar>  will dig up pointer
>
>     YL: given a pointer, I can more easily raise it
>
>     JAR: will dig it up
>
>     HT: I would encourage you to come up with an example where one
>     usage applies and another doesn't
>     ... to help them understand what the problem is, why does this
>     make a difference?
>     ... sort of a minimal pair approach
>
>     <jar>
>     [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2012JanMar
>     /0412.html
>
>       [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2012JanMar/0412.html
>
>     JAR: this might only matter to RDF and they might not care
>     about RDF
>
>     <Larry>  " Happy IANA: Making Large-Scale Registries More
>     User-Friendly"
>
>     HT: I don't think that's true
>     ... but you can try something on me before exposing it more
>     widely
>
>     NM: okay for IETF
>
> F2F Planning
>
>     <jar>  more detail in blog post pointed from
>     [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2012JanMar
>     /0463.html
>
>       [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2012JanMar/0463.html
>
>     NM: gathered ideas from last week
>
>     <noah>
>     [21]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/03/15-agenda#F2Fplanning
>
>       [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/03/15-agenda#F2Fplanning
>
>     NM: look at "Chair's working list of likely agenda topics"
>
>     NM reads from agenda
>
>     NM: we might want to get into some of the IETF topics and dig
>     in, but we'll see based on report
>     ... Chris is coming
>     ... want to look into whether FragID and MIME is still a
>     priority
>     ... extensive time on Publishing and Linking, maybe careful
>     walk through
>
>     JT: it could be useful if Rigo were there
>
>     YL: Rigo is not in Sophia anymore
>
>     HT: any communication with Rigo should make clear how long
>     we're spending on this
>
>     <Larry>  i don't think meeting with Rigo should be in the
>     critical path of us making progress on this document
>
>     <Larry>  if he can meet with us, fine, but let's get on with it
>
>     JT: if he happens to be around that would be good, but if not
>     it doesn't make sense
>
>     NM: JAR you're still waiting for feedback on httpRange-14
>     change proposals
>
>     JAR: I don't think we should focus we should focus on the
>     baseline document
>     ... but we should try to figure out where this is going
>
>     NM: see if we can propose a way forward
>
>     JAR: even without change, we should figure out what to do with
>     this
>     ... even if it's say it's not our job
>
>     <Ashok>  +1 to Jar
>
>     NM: I welcome it if you want to lead and sketch out what the
>     agenda should be for your session
>
>     JAR: I'll think hard about how to best make use of the time
>
>     <Larry>  I'd like a clear option to drop this, I don't think
>     things are converging
>
>     NM: Robin will have a draft on API Privacy
>     ... AM on local storage?
>
>     AM: I've written a draft, it's different from the usual stuff,
>     sent for review to LM and RB to see if it was sensible
>
>     <jar>  larry, noted
>
>     AM: depending on the response, we'll see what discussion there
>     ought to be
>
>     NM: so if people like it, we can make it a major topic, if not
>     it'll be brief
>
>     AM: correct
>
>     NM: will be looking at priorities
>     ... would prefer not to burn a lot of time on this
>     ... but have some nervousness that we only have three
>     priorities
>     ... but we should make sure we're well engaged
>     ... HT mentioned PhiloWeb at WWW2012
>     ... the TAG formally lists issues, are we tracking them,
>     working on them, etc.
>     ... we should look at the relationship between products and
>     issues
>     ... ideally, we should have shepherds for issues
>     ... if any of you want to go through issues, see which can be
>     closed, which are being forgotten about, etc. it would be
>     useful
>     ... will take suggestions now or offline
>
>     JT: Robin mentioned getting Dom to talk to us about mobile
>     stuff
>
>     NM: he lives close?
>
>     RB: yes, but we should make sure that we have something useful
>     to discuss with him
>
>     <scribe>  ACTION: Robin to ask Dom if there's something he think
>     would be worth discussing with the TAG
>
>     <trackbot>  Created ACTION-678 - Ask Dom if there's something he
>     think would be worth discussing with the TAG [on Robin Berjon -
>     due 2012-03-22].
>
>     <noah>  RB: Can Chris Lilley brief us on SVG change to HTML
>     syntax
>
>     NM: we can always change the agenda of course
>     ... please send me the reading list quickly
>
> HTML.next
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-641?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-641 -- Noah Mendelsohn to try and find list
>     of review issues relating to HTML5 from earlier discussions --
>     due 2012-03-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/641
>
>       [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/641
>
>     <noah>
>     [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssuesRevised.pdf
>
>       [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssuesRevised.pdf
>
>     NM: matrix of issues that we thought we might want to look at
>     ... tentatively agreed not to look into this now
>
>     <Larry>  at most we should forward the list to the HTML working
>     group...
>
>     NM: question: look through this list, and if anything in this
>     list makes you feel like we should then raise it
>
>     LM: can we ask the list?
>
>     NM: the hesitancy is that some of these things might look like
>     different things to different people
>     ... are you saying someone should send this to the HTML WG?
>
>     LM: just a pointer
>     ... looking for ways not to spend too much time
>
>     NM: that's fine by me
>
>     <Larry>  that's ok with me not to spend time on this
>
>     NM: not hearing a lot of interest in picking this up
>     ... we can close the action
>
>     <noah>  close ACTION-641
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-641 Try and find list of review issues
>     relating to HTML5 from earlier discussions closed
>
> <scribe>  Topic: Web Application Storage
>
>     NM: AM circulated a draft, people will feed back
>
>     AM: yes
>
> Pending Review Items
>
>     <noah>
>     [24]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingrevie
>     w
>
>       [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-602?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-602 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with IETF
>     liaisons to propose possible TAG participation in IETF Paris --
>     due 2012-03-13 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602
>
>       [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602
>
>     <noah>  close ACTION-602
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-602 Work with IETF liaisons to propose
>     possible TAG participation in IETF Paris closed
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-662>
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-662?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-662 -- Robin Berjon to redraft proposed
>     product page on API Minimization
>     ([26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html)
>     -- due 2012-01-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>       [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html)
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [27]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/662
>
>       [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/662
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-656
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-656?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-656 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion
>     of possibly getting W3C to invest in technologies for liberal
>     XML processing (e.g. XML5) -- due 2012-01-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/656
>
>       [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/656
>
>     NM: I believe this came out of the discussion with NDW and
>     HTML/XML TF
>     ... this has already been taken by the XML-ER CG
>
>     <noah>  [29]http://www.w3.org/community/xml-er/
>
>       [29] http://www.w3.org/community/xml-er/
>
>     NM: they're doing it. LM are you happy with where this is?
>
>     LM: have there been any comments?
>
>     NM: there's a mailing list with active discussion
>     ... active discussion and the start of a spec from AnneVK
>
>     <Larry>  Can we get a summary of the discussion so far?
>
>     <Larry>  is the SVG in HTML syntax related to this discussion?
>
>     NM: some discussion on requirements and use cases, some
>     browser-related stuff, some HTML-at-front-of-pipeline, some
>     unification, some database error correction, etc.
>     ... give and take on use cases, though Anne has spec and pieces
>     of an implementation
>
>     <noah>  RB: Anne is not disinclined to change if spec really
>     needs changing
>
>     <noah>  NM: I meant more that he mostly wants to focus on
>     user-facing use cases, and is less inclined to change for, e.g.
>     database back ends
>
>     <noah>  RB: Right
>
>     NM: Anne targeting UCs that he perceives as high priority,
>     might disagree with some of the other UCs
>
>     <noah>  RB: And others agree
>
>     <ht>  I predict TBL will push back on "not punishing users". . .
>
>     <Zakim>  ht, you wanted to request discussion about goals and
>     use cases at F2F
>
>     HT: I think it's worth talking about this, if there's room
>     ... we should think about whether we're happy with the goals of
>     this TF and if we should try to influence them
>
>     LM: would you make a proposal?
>
>     HT: no, I want to have some time to think about this
>
>     <noah>  Adding this note to ACTION-656:
>
>     <noah>  Per HT request on 15 March 2012, I think we should
>     discuss whether we think XML-ER is adopting the right goals and
>     use cases. At F2F if it fits.
>
>     HT: if we have any love in our heart of Tim's suggestion to
>     encourage better markup, I'd like to know
>
>     <Larry>  I'd like to hear some strawman proposals so that we
>     don't go in circles on "Yes, it's a hard problem"
>
>     <noah>  LM: Encourage Henry to come up with "strawman"
>     proposals. Even something to knock down.
>
>     NM: HT, where are we standing on polyglot?
>
>     HT: issue about BOMs, and another issue XML Core WG is still
>     working on
>
>     NM: wondering if mixing with XML ER is a good idae
>
>     HT: probably not
>
>     <Larry>  I had another category that wasn't "polyglot" I was
>     calling "Multi-view": single content stream that can be viewed
>     as two different types, but mean DIFFERENT but related things
>
>     <noah>
>     [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort
>     =owner
>
>       [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
>
> Overdue actions
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-669?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-669 -- Henry Thompson to review
>     [31]http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/#ref-define-practice and
>     see whether TAG needs to do more on references to evolving
>     specs Due: 2012-08-01 -- due 2012-02-09 -- OPEN
>
>       [31] http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/#ref-define-practice
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/669
>
>       [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/669
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-628?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-628 -- Henry Thompson to work with Chris
>     Lilley to bring forward prose for 3023bis wrt generic
>     processing of fragment identifiers which addresses the rdf+xml
>     and xhtml+xml issues -- due 2012-02-14 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/628
>
>       [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/628
>
>     <noah>  Henry to bump dates on all actions.
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-572?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-572 -- Yves Lafon to look at appcache in
>     HTML5 -- due 2012-03-06 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [34]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/572
>
>       [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/572
>
>     <JeniT>  ScribeNick: JeniT
>
>     NM: Do we need to talk about this at F2F? Is it combined with
>     web storage?
>
>     YL: I think my action is to see whether appcache fits with AM's
>     work on web storage
>
>     <darobin>  ScribeNick: darobin
>
>     <noah>  close ACTION-572
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-572 Look at appcache in HTML5 closed
>
>     <JeniT>  ScribeNick: darobin
>
>     YL: check if appcache feeds into AM's document on local storage
>
>     <noah>  ACTION Yves to check how Appcache should fit into
>     Ashok's storage document - Due 2012-04-02
>
>     <trackbot>  Created ACTION-679 - check how Appcache should fit
>     into Ashok's storage document [on Yves Lafon - due 2012-04-02].
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-566?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-566 -- Yves Lafon to investigate possible
>     liaison or meeting with IETF (maybe IAB) on privacy -- due
>     2012-01-24 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [35]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/566
>
>       [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/566
>
>     NM: seems relevant given Paris
>
>     YL: I know that Wendy(?) will be there, working on privacy
>     don't know if we want to track that
>
>     NM: we can close, depends on if the group wants to work on this
>
>     YL: liaising is a good thing, not sure if it should be only
>     about privacy
>
>     <noah>  close ACTION-566
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-566 Investigate possible liaison or meeting
>     with IETF (maybe IAB) on privacy closed
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-638
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-638?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-638 -- Yves Lafon to help Noah figure out
>     best ways, if at all, for TAG to participate in IETF paris --
>     due 2012-02-15 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [36]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/638
>
>       [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/638
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-638 Due 2012-03-26
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-638 Help Noah figure out best ways, if at
>     all, for TAG to participate in IETF paris due date now
>     2012-03-26
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-594?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-594 -- Yves Lafon to with Peter and Henry
>     produce partial revision of fragment id finding -- due
>     2012-03-13 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [37]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/594
>
>       [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/594
>
>     NM: seems not to be moving. Thoughts?
>
>     <Larry>  suggest reviewing
>     [38]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-re
>     gs-03
>
>       [38] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-03
>
>     <noah>  Suggest we discuss priority of fragids at F2F
>
>     <Larry>  "Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures"
>
>     NM: we'll settle that at the f2f
>
>     LM: (XXX?) document being revised
>
>     NM: better path forward?
>
>     LM: possibly
>
>     NM: we can discuss the priority at the f2f
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-606?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-606 -- Peter Linss to invite I18N and other
>     concerned groups to provide written technical input as prep to
>     discussion with the TAG regarding unicode normalization -- due
>     2012-03-06 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [39]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
>
>       [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/606
>
>     PL: still interest in doing this
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-606 Due 2012-05-01
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-606 Invite I18N and other concerned groups to
>     provide written technical input as prep to discussion with the
>     TAG regarding unicode normalization due date now 2012-05-01
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-611?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-611 -- Larry Masinter to draft initial cut at
>     [40]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/protocols -- due
>     2012-02-17 -- OPEN
>
>       [40] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/protocols
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [41]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/611
>
>       [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/611
>
>     NM: nothing says relaxing on your vacation like drafting TAG
>     pages!
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-611 Due 2012-05
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-611 Draft initial cut at
>     [42]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/protocols due date now
>     2012-05
>
>       [42] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/protocols
>
>     <noah>  Actually, I said: Nothing makes a relaxing vacation like
>     drafting architecture pages
>
>     LM: rethinking the priorities on these
>     ... any opinions? might drop it
>
>     NM: it's a good thing for the TAG to contribute to these pages,
>     but only so far I want to push people. Jeni did a great job,
>     but if other people are not doing actions we should close them
>
>     <noah>  close ACTION-611
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-611 Draft initial cut at
>     [43]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/protocols closed
>
>       [43] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/protocols
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-670?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-670 -- Noah Mendelsohn to update product
>     priority list to mark MIMEWeb completed after final product
>     page available -- due 2012-03-01 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [44]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/670
>
>       [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/670
>
>     <Larry>  if Ian wants us to help out with these, he can ask us
>     to re-open
>
>     NM: note the closing of these efforts in the product page
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-670 Due 2012-05-01
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-670 Update product priority list to mark
>     MIMEWeb completed after final product page available due date
>     now 2012-05-01
>
>     <Larry>  mnot's draft and media type drafts are new since we
>     last talked about this
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-657?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-657 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule telcon
>     discussion of possible XML/HTML Unification next steps -- due
>     2012-03-06 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [45]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/657
>
>       [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/657
>
>     NM: asked NDW if he had reactions
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-657 Due 2012-04-10
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-657 Schedule telcon discussion of possible
>     XML/HTML Unification next steps due date now 2012-04-10
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-664?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-664 -- Noah Mendelsohn to announce completion
>     of TAG work on Microdata/RDFa as recorded in
>     [46]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html and to
>     finalize the product page and associated links -- due
>     2012-01-26 -- OPEN
>
>       [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [47]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/664
>
>       [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/664
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-664 Due 2012-04-17
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-664 Announce completion of TAG work on
>     Microdata/RDFa as recorded in
>     [48]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html and to
>     finalize the product page and associated links due date now
>     2012-04-17
>
>       [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html
>
>     JT: feedback is good, will need to come back to it once we have
>     RECs
>
>     NM: from TAG POV we can say our work is done
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-617?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-617 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with Yves to
>     take [49]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
>     off the Rec track -- due 2012-01-31 -- OPEN
>
>       [49] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [50]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617
>
>       [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617
>
>     YL: you mean publishing a note?
>     ... what do you want to do with the content?
>
>     NM: leave it as a draft finding, or move it to note
>
>     YL: it can't be more than a draft finding, it was a WD
>     ... we can keep as draft and decide if we drop it later
>
>     <Zakim>  ht, you wanted to say we will _have_ to come back to
>     this
>
>     HT: we'll have to come back to this,
>     ... there's been some rethinking around schema namespace
>     documents
>     ... this interacts heavily with fragIDs and media types
>     ... so we'll have to revisit
>
>     <noah>  Adding a note to the action document saying: Henry notes
>     on 15 March 2012 that we will>have<  to come back to this in
>     the context of discussing XML Schema namespace document,
>
>     NM: should we do the clerical work to take the old thing off
>     the Rec track in the meantime
>
>     YL: I don't think that's necessary
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-617?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-617 -- Yves Lafon to work with Noah to take
>     [51]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off
>     the Rec track -- due 2012-06-01 -- OPEN
>
>       [51] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [52]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617
>
>       [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-610?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-610 -- Jeni Tennison to draft initial cut at
>     [53]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/metaformats -- due
>     2012-03-13 -- OPEN
>
>       [53] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/metaformats
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [54]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/610
>
>       [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/610
>
>     JT: bit from JAR, bit from HT, will put together so can put a
>     draft together
>     ... don't think we need to discuss at f2f
>
>     <Larry>  ship it
>
>     JAR: why not have JT send it off and be done with it
>
>     +1 ship it
>
>     <Larry>  close the action
>
>     <Ashok>  Ship it!
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-610 Due 2012-03-27
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-610 Draft initial cut at
>     [55]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/metaformats due date
>     now 2012-03-27
>
>       [55] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/metaformats
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-541?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-541 -- Jeni Tennison to helped by DKA to
>     produce draft on technical issues relating to copyright/linking
>     -- due 2012-02-21 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [56]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/541
>
>       [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/541
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-541 Due 2012-04-06
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-541 Helped by DKA to produce draft on
>     technical issues relating to copyright/linking due date now
>     2012-04-06
>
>     NM: we've reached the end!
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-636?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-636 -- Larry Masinter to update product page
>     for Mime and the Web -- due 2012-02-11 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [57]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636
>
>       [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636
>
>     NM: want me to pick this up from you?
>
>     LM: yup
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-636?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-636 -- Noah Mendelsohn to update product page
>     for Mime and the Web -- due 2012-02-11 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [58]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636
>
>       [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636
>
>     NM: will do!
>
>     <noah>  ACTION-636?
>
>     <trackbot>  ACTION-636 -- Noah Mendelsohn to update product page
>     for Mime and the Web -- due 2012-03-27 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [59]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636
>
>       [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636
>
>     [ADJOURNED]
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>     [NEW] ACTION: Noah to contact HTML WG co-chairs to ask about
>     timing for output of Encrypted Media TF
>     [NEW] ACTION: Robin to ask Dom if there's something he think
>     would be worth discussing with the TAG
>
>     [End of minutes]
>       __________________________________________________________
>
>
>      Minutes formatted by David Booth's [60]scribe.perl version
>      1.136 ([61]CVS log)
>      $Date: 2012/03/27 12:44:55 $
>
>       [60] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>       [61] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 27 March 2012 13:10:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:14 UTC