W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > January 2010

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 7 January 2010

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:57:51 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>, Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFC47D3C11.B2534803-ON852576A3.007231D0-852576A3.0072D24B@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of Thursday, 7 January 2010 is now 
available at [1,2] and is attached in text-only form below.  A few notes 
on this agenda:

* Philippe Le Hegaret, Liam Quin, Carine Bournez and Mike Smith will be 
joining us for the first half of the call (agenda item #4).  We will 
continue the discussion of XML-related naming mechanisms, and will in 
particular get more details on Liam's Unobtrusive Namespaces proposal. 
This is a continuation of the teleconference discussion we had at the Dec. 
F2F.

* Agenda items 4, 5, and (probably) 6 are somewhat time critical, in that 
the HTML working group is looking for feedback on these soon.

* I am aware that progress was reported on a few action items that are not 
explicitly called out:  I felt it was unlikely that we would have time for 
them this week.  They will be scheduled next week or as soon as practical.

Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/07-agenda

Tracker:  this posting fulfills my ACTION-213

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]17 Dec 2009 Next: 14 January 2010

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/17-agenda

              Agenda of 7 January 2010 TAG Teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah Scribe: Dan Connolly (unconfirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Raman (last 40 mins)
          + Note future regrets: none
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Meeting: 14 January 2010 Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
          + Future scribes: Jonathan -> John -> Ashok
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + [11]3 December 2009
               o Chair suggests we close: [12]ACTION-215 on Larry
                 Masinter: Send minutes of 3 Dec TAG teleconference to
                 www-tag for review - due 2009-12-22 - pending review
          + [13]17 December 2009
          + [14]Minutes of the Dec. 2009 F2F were [15]announced; chair
            suggests we close: [16]ACTION-362 on Noah Mendelsohn:
            Announce TAG ftf minutes 8-10 Dec - Due 2009-12-05 (before
            the F2F?!?!?) - pending review
    3. Administrative items
          + Change of date for March TAG meeting was [17]formally
            announced
               o [18]ACTION-366 on Noah Mendelsohn: Bring f2f date
                 proposal to group based on poll input and ask Raman
                 and Tim about availability - due 2010-01-06 - pending
                 review
    4. [19]ACTION-356: Name qualification mechanisms for HTML 5
       (xmlnames)
          + Philippe Le Hegaret, Liam Quin, Carine Bournez, and Mike
            Smith [20]will be joining us for the first half of this
            teleconference.
               o [21]ACTION-356 on Noah Mendelsohn: Work with Carine
                 Bournez to schedule followup meeting on xmlnames
                 followup discussion- due 2010-01-12 - open (should we
                 close or continue for more discussion?)
          + [22]Discussion of Default Prefix Declarations at 10 Dec
            2009 TAG F2F meeting including [23]joint session with W3C
            staff; time ran out and we agreed to continue via
            teleconference in January. On today's teleconference, will
            continue with discussion of Liam Quin's [24]Unobtrusive
            Namespaces proposal.
          + [25]ACTION-357: on Henry Thompson - Elaborate the DPD
            proposal to address comments from #xmlnames and tag f2f
            discussion of 2009-12-10, particularly wrt integration with
            XML specs and wrt motivation - due 2009-12-10 - open
          + May also be pertinent: [26]ACTION-332: on Dan Connolly -
            Note that the HTML 5 spec has a proposed design for mixing
            in SVG and MathML, which is said to be the scope of
            IsSUE-33 mixedUIXMLNamespace-33 - due 2010-01-07 - Pending
            review
    5. [27]ACTION-358: Usage of "Resource vs. Representation" in HTML 5
          + [28]Email from Dan on "resource" vs. "representation"
            terminology in HTML 5. Dan's email frames the question and
            notes that "The clock has started on this issue in the HTML
            WG; proposals are due January 16, 2010
            [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec
            /0256.html "
          + [30]Discussion on telcon of 17 December 2009
          + [31]ACTION-358 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule discussion of
            'usage of 'resource' vs 'representation' in HTML 5, CSS,
            HTML 4, SVG, ...' [note follow-up discussion in
            www-archive] - due 2010-01-07 - open (should we close or
            continue for more discussion?)
    6. HTML 5 Language Reference / Authoring Specification
          + [32]Courtesy notification: call for consensus on HTML
            normative language reference issues from HTML WG co-chair
            Maciej Stachowiak
          + See followup correspondence, including:
               o [33]Response from Noah conveying the TAG's resolution
                 taken at the Dec 2009 TAG F2F.
               o [34]email from Larry expressing concern with lack of
                 sufficiently clear plans for development, review and
                 maintenance of the proposed author-only view. (late
                 addition to this agenda)
               o [35]Response from Maciej to Noah's note on the TAG's
                 resolution and [36]followup from Maciej expressing
                 optimism that Mike Smith can have a FPWD by 28 January
                 2010, but expressing some uncertainty about the wisdom
                 of including a RelaxNG schema.
          + Purpose of this telcon agenda item is to ensure TAG is
            aware of and comfortable with HTML 5 WG plans.
          + Should we open a TAG action for followup on this?
    7. [37]ACTION-351: Workshop on persistence
          + [38]ACTION-351: on Henry - Look into a workshop on
            persistence... perhaps the June 2010 timeframe - due
            2010-01-05 - Pending review
          + Henry requests telcon discussion (private communication
            with chair).
    8. [39]ACTION-354: Client side storage APIs
          + [40]ACTION-354: on Ashok - Review client side storage apis
            (web simple storage etc.), looking for architectural issues
            or other critical problems... or interesting design
            features the TAG should know about - due 2010-01-05 -
            Pending review
          + Ashok has sent an [41]email reviewing the state of play
            regarding HTML client-side storage APIs.
    9. [42]ISSUE-30: Binary XML
          + [43]Dan suggests that we close [44]ISSUE-30: Standardize a
            "binary XML" format?. [45]Noah seconds the proposal and
            [46]so does Tim.
          + Note that [47]EXI is a Candidate Recommendation
   10. Pending Review Items:
          + [48]Pending review actions in [49]Tracker
   11. Overdue Action Items:
          + [50]Overdue actions in [51]Tracker
   12. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/07-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/03-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/215
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/17-minutes
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/08-agenda
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0010.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/362
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0012.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/366
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/356
     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Jan/0017.html
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/356
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/10-tagmem-minutes.html#item01
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/xmlnames-minutes.html
     [24] http://www.barefootliam.org/xml/20091111-unobtrusive-namespaces
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/357
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/332
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/358
     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0070.html
     [29] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec/0256.html
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/17-minutes#item07
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/358
     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0087.html
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0088.html
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0095.html
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0002.html
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0003.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/351
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/351
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354
     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0008.html
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/30
     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0062.html
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/30
     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0065.html
     [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0084.html
     [47] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2009OctDec/0059.html
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.3 $ of $Date: 2010/01/06 20:47:45 $

   [52]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [52] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 6 January 2010 20:55:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:04 UTC