[css-text] i18n-ISSUE-345: Arabic Hyphenation

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 17:27:41 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>, W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>
6.1 Hyphenation Control: the hyphens property
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-3/#hyphens-property

"When shaping scripts such as Arabic are allowed to break within words
due to hyphenation, the characters must still be shaped as if the word
were not broken."

I have seen a mail thread about hyphenation of Latin text within Arabic,
but I've heard from a few experts that hyphenation is not actually used
for Arabic-script text. Do we have some evidence that it is used? Just
curious.

[this comment has not been reviewed by the i18n WG]