Re: Clarifications needed for the Collection construct

Dear Pat,

sorry for the late reply.

I understand why this new collection is included and I agree that there
was the need to extend RDF to allow to integrate an upper bound for
entailing. What I do not like in the found solution is that we now have
the containers with at least a minimum of semantic for it and we have
the collection in addition. The collection comes with no semantic and
there are no rules given when to use a collection or a container. This will
irritate the people that want to create some RDF and will also makes it
more difficult to deal with it. This is contra productive!

There could have been a property introduced (I think it would still make sense)
that gives the length (number of members) for a container. Of course the
processing would be different but it would also guarantee an upper bounding.

This way the collection would not be needed any more. In case the way of
structuring the collection has additional advantages we could think of a
mapping between containers and collections. . we would need a container
without any meaning and attributes for collections to represent the semantic
for the existing container types.

Cheers,
Karsten

Karsten Tolle