Re: cutting to the chase

Thomas Lord wrote:

> These conclusions from the discussion seem
> correct to me:

And totally wrong to me. Your 'cutting to the chase' looks to me like a
clumsy attempt to push things in a specific direction by ignoring the
work that many people on this list are trying to do to build consensus
on a wrapper format and/or EOTL variant among genuine stakeholders. The
idea that there is 'rough consensus' on TTF/OTF when neither Microsoft
nor most professional font makers will support or license fonts for use
in naked format on the web is laughable. There is far less consensus on
TTF/OTF than there is on either something like .webfont/ZOT or even
EOTL, as all the discussion of the past few days demonstrates.

JH