RE: Techniques suggestions

From the webspeak viewpoint, we will be automatically changing the
synthesizer based upon the specified language. Because there is not (yet)
one unified synthesizer set, it rests upon the self-voicing UA to know what
languages are available, and to associate the LANG codes with the locally
available synthesizers. I assume third-party assistive devices need to do
something similar if they are HTML-aware.

Because LANG is not used widely (if at all), we have a user function to
switch languages through a keyboard command.  Users of our Japanse product
have the same experience as with homepage reader (english text read using a
japanese synthesizer... obviously the synthesis rules are optimised for
japanese, with minimal rules to allow reading of non-Japanese text... the
german, french, italian and english are all less than perfect). But we do
allow the user to manually switch to any language they have installed.

Mark