Re: TTML 1.0 and 2.0

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:59:54 -0600
To: "Sean Murphy (seanmmur)" <seanmmur@cisco.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
IBM uses it in the IBM AbilityLab Media Captioner and Editor, and its
supported in many of the video players that support CC:

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,
IBM Accessibility

From:   "Sean Murphy (seanmmur)" <seanmmur@cisco.com>
To:     WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Date:   01/18/2016 07:25 PM
Subject:        TTML 1.0 and 2.0

All,

>From my understanding reading the TTML standard that was posted to the
group a week or so ago. The standard is used for Capturing with video
content for the hearing impaired. I wish to know the following:

1.      Is the TTML standards being used currently in any streaming media
or for video conference solutions? If so, what vendors/products?
2.      Is any mobile or desktop aps using this standard? If so, which
vendors/products?
3.      Is the standard primarily for HTML 5 base applications or can it
be used in software applications?
4.      Any libraries that already contain the standard and if so, which
version?

Any more information on TTMl would be helpful so I understand it in more
depth.

Regards,
Sean Murphy