TTML 1.0 and 2.0

From: Sean Murphy (seanmmur) <seanmmur@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 01:15:40 +0000
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
All,

>From my understanding reading the TTML standard that was posted to the group a week or so ago. The standard is used for Capturing with video content for the hearing impaired. I wish to know the following:

1.      Is the TTML standards being used currently in any streaming media or for video conference solutions? If so, what vendors/products?

2.      Is any mobile or desktop aps using this standard? If so, which vendors/products?

3.      Is the standard primarily for HTML 5 base applications or can it be used in software applications?

4.      Any libraries that already contain the standard and if so, which version?

Any more information on TTMl would be helpful so I understand it in more depth.

Regards,
Sean Murphy