From: Patrick H. Lauke [mailto:redux@splintered.co.uk]
Sent: 14 January 2016 01:23
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Allowing font size changes

On 14/01/2016 00:52, Oscar Cao wrote:
> I want to get what everyone's views are on the importance of having
> custom font size buttons for a website. You know those 3 icon buttons:
> smaller, medium, and larger.

Very low from my point of view. It's functionality built into the
browser already, so provided a site's CSS is made correctly, these
in-page controls would be redundant.

There is an argument that users simply don't know that they can resize
text/content using the browser controls - but this is more of a user
education issue that should not have to be the responsibility of content
authors. (same for in-page/custom controls to switch to high contrast
mode or similar)

Patrick H. Lauke