From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 10:22 AM
To: Jonathan Avila; Andrew Cunningham; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: PDF accessibility and complex script languages.

If actual text can’t be used then I’d love to know where one should correct OCR’d text that was incorrectly identified by Adobe Acrobat during the OCR process but is not flagged as an OCR suspect/error.  Where might a user fix the OCR text?  Is there is some contents key in the tag editor where this can be corrected?

Assuming that the OCR’d text has been embedded in the file as invisible text, then that text is what should be corrected.  Trying to override it using anything else is incorrect and shouldn’t be done at a tagging level.
AWK