Re: Translation of working draft "Specifying Language in XHTML and HTML Content"

Hi,

At 20:09 9/03/2007, CE Whitehead wrote:

>Hi, when I emailed you before requesting to translate the working draft,
>"Internationalization Best Practices: Specifying Language in XHTML &
>HTML Content"
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-i18n-html-tech-lang-20060721/)
>I was told not to translate a working draft as such was subject to change;
>then in another discussion someone mentioned that links to such
>translations were welcome through the email at the discussion list
>for the working draft.
>
>(...)
>Also a question about "the natural language of the content"--what
>other languages are used in the content?  So this was really a
>question about wording; thought "natural" was redundant here.)

This refers to "human language", as opposed to computer languages, so
"natural" is not redundant, although I find it a misnomer [1].

Best regards,

Christophe

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2007JanMar/0028.html

--
Christophe Strobbe
K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group