Re: Linking translations of technical reports

"Martin J. Duerst" wrote:

> I agree with Karl. Also, please make sure the readers understand
> which link is which, and that this part is appropriately marked
> (e.g. by a special background color) as being different from the
> original (i.e. not a direct translation).

I agree with Martin and Karl, but please don't rely on color
alone to distinguish links (for reasons of accessibility). Please
use text as well (e.g., the "title" attribute in HTML).

Thank you,

 - Ian

> Regards,   Martin.
>
> At 00/10/01 22:39 +0200, Karl Dubost wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >At 19:24 +0200 1/10/00, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> >>Supposed there is a translation of a technical report available, may I change
> >>links to the normative english version to the translation when translating
> >>another TR?
> >
> >What I suggest is that you give both of it. You could link first to the
> >original normative version and give a link two the second one in your
> >native language.
> >
> >Hope it helps you.
> >--
> >Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
> >           http://www.w3.org/
> >
> >      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783