Re: Accessibility for schema.org Re: Updated Wiki to cover proposal

On 18 November 2013 13:36, Charles McCathie Nevile
<chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 02:44:39 +0800, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
> <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> schema.org has enumerated types, which might be better to use than text
>> with a list of expected strings.
>

> Yes, that was what I was thinking... We should make that change.

I'm not so convinced yet. There are quite a lot of values, and given
schema.org's flat namespace we would have to consider each term as
_the_ schema.org use of that word.

e.g. MathML; sound; captions; latex; timing etc. would become
http://schema.org/sound ...

My inclination (especially having seen the variety of views earlier in
these discussions) is that allowing Text and also allowing values
represented by URL might be the right combination. Schema.org's
enumerations work best for short, rigid, fixed lists that won't evolve
or get extended...

Dan