Re: Article Proposal

On 12/12/13, 2:38 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> Hmm, I don't think possible limitations of the software creating the
> data should be a strong rationale for designing the vocabulary. If a
> developer claimed they couldn't parse extremely simple cases like
> "123-456" or "pp. 34-45" into the appropriate pageStart / pageEnd
> properties, they should probably start looking for a new set of tools
> or a new job :)

Dan, It is not up to us to decide what people's programs will or will
not do nor what their data is or should be, or whose code is not "good
enough." Our task here is NOT to determine what people SHOULD be doing,
but to help them mark up what they do have. And when what they have
could be just about *anything*, it is best to be generous.

I find this kind of remark to be ... unfortunate, let's say.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net