Re: summary un/asserted

> On 9. Jul 2024, at 20:25, Franconi Enrico <franconi@inf.unibz.it> wrote:
>

>> On 9 Jul 2024, at 19:11, Doerthe Arndt <doerthe.arndt@tu-dresden.de> wrote:
>>
>> I am still trying to understand the problem or more precisely, why it would not be enough to have your two predicates rdf:reifies and rdf:instantiates (as :says vs. :saysAndAsserts from the meeting) and simply say that
>>
>> :x rdf:instantiates << :s :p :o>>.
>>
>> entails (in some rdf-star entailment)
>>
>> :s :p :o.
>>
>> I am not sure that this would be what I want, but that is how I understand your proposal?
>
> This was exactly my point at our latest TF meeting. I still can’t understand why this wouldn’t be satisfactory.

Aha, so we are in violent agreement?

In the SemTF discussion last Friday I was understanding Dörthe’s ":says vs. :saysAndAsserts" as a reference to some domain ontology predicate ex:says. However, I seem to have misunderstood and she used those properties as synonyms for rdf12:reifies and rdf12:instantiates (the exact wording of which is of course not set in stone yet). In that case we do indeed seem to agree.

Maybe you can complete the formalization I started, so that we can be sure? I tried! ;-)

.t