Re: ISSUE-137 (including XML includes)

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:07:02 +0100
Cc: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>

On Sep 12, 2008, at 8:57 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

>> There is *no* solution which is independent of the specific RDF
>> serialization. If we
>> define a bespoke solution, *all* serializations will have to be
>> updated.
>
> I don't understand this statement.

Interesting.

> An inclusion directive could be
> expressed as an RDF triple, and the OWL documentation could specify
> how it should be interpreted (i.e. by including the triples resulting
> from parsing the included document).

Which is a change to the other serializations. They now have a triple
that they have to interpret specially. Not just at the reasoner
level, but at the parsing level.

Indeed, why should we impose a triple on them? Turtle might prefer to
add an @directive instead. N3 might prefer to use their own builtin.