Re: Next last call publication & question on todays meeting

Thanks Jirko, inline again

Dr. David Filip
=======================
LRC | CNGL | LT-Web | CSIS
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
*cellphone: +353-86-0222-158*
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> On 16.5.2013 10:49, Dr. David Filip wrote:
>
> >> Spec is just being aligned with common usage. As people introduced their
> >> own rule elements and no one was surprised about this it was just spec
> >> which wasn't properly document this shared view of possible extensions.
> >>

> > I do not say it is unnatural,  it explicitly introduces a full blown
> > extensibility mechanism. It is normative because the schema would
> > invalidate before stuff with such extensions.
>
> Please note that as ITS is usually used only in host languages not
> purely itself, schemas are merely just building blocks. For example
> current schema its20.nvdl allows extension elements to appear inside
> its:rules -- schema just accepts any non-ITS element anywhere.

I am aware that our schema is just building blocks for decorating other
syntaxes. But we are in control of our few elements..

> > I believe it has potential to become controversial if left for the second
> > last call. I believe that it should be properly resolved before the
> second
> > last call is made.
>
> I will push schema chage within minutes,

I know that changing the schema is not an issue

> Yves proposed simple sentence
> describing extensions processing. Do you think that we need something
> more for proper resolution?

I believe that the extension points within our "blocks" should be described
in the prose specification. Should not be a big issue.