Re: [ACTION-527]: Propose spec change to address extensibility in general

Thanks, Yves, inline

Dr. David Filip
=======================
LRC | CNGL | LT-Web | CSIS
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
*cellphone: +353-86-0222-158*
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>wrote:

> > What is otherwise the base for changing the schema?
> > Schema should reflect the normative provisions of the prose
> > specification IMHO.
>
> There would be a normative provision in the prose:

Where and what specifically, I do not see sufficient prose provisions
proposal below

> [[
> 2-5: Non-ITS elements or attributes found in a rules element MAY be
> ignored.
> ]]
>
> This processing expectation is an orphan, it allows ignoring something
that is not permitted to occur anywhere in the prose text. Each element
allowing extensibility (all) should have this mentioned in their prose
description, especially the rules element that can have element children.

Besides we allowed foreign attributes in all elements, so this should say
that non-ITS elements or attributes in all ITS elements MAY be ignored.

 -ys