Re: Next last call publication & question on todays meeting

Thanks, Jirko

Dr. David Filip
=======================
LRC | CNGL | LT-Web | CSIS
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
*cellphone: +353-86-0222-158*
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> On 15.5.2013 23:23, Dr. David Filip wrote:
>
> > However, I do not agree that introducing extensibility and changing
> schema
> > is not a substantive change. Anyway, I would hardly call it editorial.
>
> Spec is just being aligned with common usage. As people introduced their
> own rule elements and no one was surprised about this it was just spec
> which wasn't properly document this shared view of possible extensions.

I do not say it is unnatural,  it explicitly introduces a full blown
extensibility mechanism. It is normative because the schema would
invalidate before stuff with such extensions.

> > Extensibility in this sense has not been discussed before and we do not
> > have a stable spec change to reflect it by now.
> > My opinion is that it is better to lose one week now than many weeks
> later
> > on if the change is pushed into the second last call.
>
> Do you think that this change is controversial?

I believe it has potential to become controversial if left for the second
last call. I believe that it should be properly resolved before the second
last call is made.