Re: Response to your LC Comment -2393 on Media Ontology spec

Silvia,

This is exactly what I have told James, in my earlier email in response
to his last call comment.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0225.html
extract:
"To focus on your request to include VP8 and speex in our Ontology, the
mapping tables are intended for multimedia *metadata formats*.
- VP8 is an open video compression format (codec).
- Speex is a free audio codec for Free Speech.
These are not *metadata formats*, and therefore not meant to be listed
in our mapping tables".

As James raised an objection if this 2 formats were not included, I have
asked him to provide the 2 mapping tables for Speex and VP8, and see
what he could provide ...

And, as we had concluded in the MAWG  that on the container carries
metadata, I have in a couple of emails asked James to provide a mapping
table for the media container formats WebM.

an pointed to the template to use
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/CR/mapping_table-php.html

I am still waiting for James to provide this information if he wants to
see it in the spec. A place holder for this containet is already created

http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html#iddiv4x2x27165

Cheers,

Thierry.