Re: Registering the about: URI scheme

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> In a browser, the result of loading about:blank must certainly be a
> Document object which allows document.write() to be called on it.

That's somewhat separate from what the contents of about:blank are, given
the current definitions in the spec.

> I'd bet money that not having a document.body would also break web
> pages.

The empty string results in a document where document.body is non-null per
the current parser spec.

The main difference I see is the mode (quirks vs no-quirks) that should be
used by default. My assumption has been that we need a quirks-mode
about:blank (also handled by the empty string).