Re: Registering the about: URI scheme

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:59:40 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> The main difference I see is the mode (quirks vs no-quirks) that should
> be
> used by default. My assumption has been that we need a quirks-mode
> about:blank (also handled by the empty string).

I've only found one bug in Opera that would be solved by using quirks mode for about:blank, but that bug would also be solved by using <div> instead of <p> as default block in designMode.

The bug was that when you press enter you get a linebreak before the first line (i.e. a P was inserted and it gets a top margin).

So, while 3 out of 4 browsers use quirks mode, using standards mode doesn't actually Break the Web, AFAICT.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software