Re: details on report of PFWG HTML5 actions & issues status

Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> Simon Pieters wrote:
>
>> BTW, HTML5 was published as a WD yesterday and I suspect the next
>> target is Last Call (in October).

I don't suspect that the next target is October.  I'd like to see
quarterly "heartbeats".  And give the lack of consensus on a number of
issues, in particular on a number of issues where features which are
present in HTML 4, are implemented in good faith by a number of tools,
but don't ever seem to meet the editor's bar for inclusion in HTML 5, I
remain deeply skeptical on the notion of this working group reaching
Last Call in October.

> I am surprised to learn this in the context of another thread.
> Chris Wilson raised the possibility in a message sent on
> 22nd January 2009 :
>
>> As Sam intimated in this mail, we would like to get a new WD of HTML-5
>> out by early February.  If anyone has concerns about this, please
>> voice them now.
>>
>> -Chris
>
> and the last message in this thread that I have seen is
> dated 30th January.  May I ask how you came to learn
> of its publication, as I imagine your announcement may
> come as a surprise to many members of this WG ?

The notification of the actual publication could have been handled better.

The decision to publish, however, was openly and widely discussed over a
long period of time.  Pointers can be found here:

> Philip TAYLOR

- Sam Ruby