Re: Translation control in HTML5

Le 1 août 2008 à 07:05, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> We define lang, we can easily define it as being something akin to:
>
>  [only] <bcp-47-code>

If we were doing that, we would have to be sure to not break existing
applications. I wonder if I18N activity has a list of apps
implementing lang.

Though lang="" is not very good for this purpose, for brand names,
people name, trademarks, etc. Let's take Word, the name of the
program. You don't want it to be translated or an English person
called Schwartz. or "小林" (kobayashi) = little wood which is a
common Japanese name.

My natural inclination would be to reuse the vocabulary of ITS to not
reinvent the wheel.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/