RE: face to face meeting host offers for the HTML WG?

Daniel Glazman wrote:
>On 20/03/2007 18:03, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> Perhaps this just caught me at a bad time; Daniel's
>> mail to me seemed to imply that a sizable portion of the group does
not
>> want me to be co-chair.
>
>WHAT ?!? Chris, did you read my message before waking up or after ???
></Daniel state="really shocked">

Perhaps before, then.  I got a little upset because I felt like you were
taking something out on me ("a big joke"), and you have objected at
length previously to me being chair before (yes, I understand that was
on an affiliation basis not a personal objection).  I should not have
turned that in to a personal attack.  I apologize.

I hope that, as Maciej suggested, we can all assume good faith in
Microsoft's participation in this WG.  It offends me on a personal level
when I feel others are not assuming good faith on my part, particularly
with respect to my involvement in this WG, as it is a huge
responsibility and commitment.  Given our past rounds on getting an HTML
charter we could agree on, I felt like you were accusing me of being
disingenuous, when I am doing the best I can to jump through the
appropriate hoops to work on this in good faith.

You should recognize - without me telling you - that a company with as
large a patent portfolio as Microsoft's, sued as often as Microsoft is,
will have a process for approving any standards participation that
carries patent responsibilities, and it will take some amount of time.
I have not sent out updates on my status because there isn't much to
tell that will be helpful - if you wanted more information, you could
have asked me, rather than sounding like you assume I'm playing a big
joke on the WG.  You don't need to ask for a needle - I am hurrying as
fast as I can.  If you want to know status, or if I'm blocking something
during that time, sending me an email will get a response.  If you are
concerned that I am blocking something, please, email me.

Certainly WRT the FTF planning, I should not be a blocking factor, and I
had no idea you considered input from me such a thing until Dan
forwarded me your mail this morning.  My first email should have
unblocked FTF planning - if the group would prefer something hosted in
Redmond, I'm happy to make that happen, but I'm every bit as happy to
show up wherever else would work out better for the maximum number of
people, except the two weeks in June I mentioned (12th-26th) when I am
unavailable.  I did not have a "proposal" to link to - I had offered to
Dan that Microsoft could pay to host a FTF meeting if no one else wanted
to offer first, but I really don't have a particular desire one way or
another.  I know the WG meetings can be costly to host, but I also know
that travel costs were an expressed concern from many members as well.
I'd suggested to Dan that I know a number of members will be at XTech,
so it might be a good co-location opportunity.  You shouldn't be waiting
on Microsoft for this.  Maciej, I heard your comment about participants
being hesitant to proceed without one of the co-chairs being present -
on the topic of FTF, I've said everything important.

-Chris