Re: face to face meeting host offers for the HTML WG?

Hi Chris,

On Mar 20, 2007, at 9:19 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Joining any W3C WG requires a process internal to Microsoft to review
> the intellectual property and legal ramifications of that
> participation.
> Under the W3C Patent Policy, I would hope any of you in sizable
> organizations have to do the same thing.  At any rate, I could not
> possibly have started said review until the WG had a final
> charter.  The
> ensuing three weeks has been a result of timing with my travel.  I am
> working on it now.  I expect it will take at least a week; it may take
> more, it depends on what IP conflicts legal turns up.

Good luck and godspeed with your review process. Please don't make
this a personal matter. I think people are impatient to start work
within the new working group, but many are hesitant to proceed
without one of the co-chairs being present. All discussion of your co-
chairmanship on the list has been entirely in that context.

Some also have a suspicion of Microsoft in a standards context, and
it's not entirely unfair to claim Microsoft has abused the standards
process at times in the past. However, I hope we can all assume good
faith in this case and have some patience with their approval
bureaucracy.

Regards,
Maciej