Re: [whatwg] Video proposals

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:48:45 +0100, Matthew Ratzloff
<matt@builtfromsource.com> wrote:
>>    http://annevankesteren.nl/2007/03/video
>
> I thought the comments raised some valid points.  Do Flash videos use the
> <video> element or the <object> element?

Flash is not a video format so it wouldn't be usable with <video>.

> Is there going to be an <audio> element as well?

Maybe. It's not entirely clear to me how an <audio> element would work and
what it's purpose would be.

> Why not <media>, since the principles of video and audio are basically
> the same?

Some principles are arguably similar (such as having a timeline). However,
video can have things like subtitles, has things like intrinsic
height/width, et cetera.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>