Re: Alt Text for A Key Part of the Content

There's plenty of good advice out there. I read this article soday
that seems particularly good:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/revivinganorexicwebwriting

For example:
[quote]
Given a photograph of the University of Texas tower, for example,
simple alt text that says, "UT tower" might not be terribly useful to
someone who has never seen the tower, though it may be useful to
someone who knows what the tower looks like. But alt text that says,
"Evening view of UT tower aglow after a big Texas win" is better,
because it is meaningful to anyone, sighted or not—it projects pride,
kinship, tradition. It conveys very particular emotions using
revealing language.
[/quote]

cheers
Ben