Re: edits to the draft should reflect the consensus of the WG

Hi Ian,

On Aug 16, 2007, at 6:50 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Robert Burns wrote:
>>
>> There is nothing in the recent edits regarding @alt and @usemap
>> that has
>> listened to any of the feedback, Instead he spends his time compiling
>> lists and scoring the WGs participants[1]. How does that fit with the
>> process Ian promised to adhere to?
>>
>> [1]: <http://junkyard.damowmow.com/290>
>
> I hope you're not suggesting that what I do to amuse myself in my free
> time is any of the working group's concern.

No, that wasn't how I meant that at all. I raised that only as
another example, that you focus on these meaningless statistics
rather than discussing issues that would help improve the draft. I
guess we can now use the fruits of your free-time work as 'evidence'
for adding or eliminating features.

> Incidentally I updated the data above to take into account the
> amount of
> time the participants actually spent from the time of the first e-
> mail to
> the time of their last e-mail. It includes an 'e-mail per day'
> average --
> how many e-mails each participant caused to be sent to the list
> either by
> writing it or by triggering a reply. You may find the data
> illuminating:
>
>    http://junkyard.damowmow.com/291

As I said before, statistics aren't really my thing.  I will say
though that I joined the group at the end of April/Beginning of May
time frame and have been conscientiously reading emails and other
relevant material since then. So, maybe my day one should be adjusted.

Take care,
Rob