Re: Submit an Implementation report based on a nightly-unstable test suite: possible?

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
> Le 2015-08-15 06:15, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
>>> On 15 Aug 2015, at 05:35, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>>> Peter,
>>> I've read
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Aug/0020.html
>>> https://wiki.csswg.org/test/implementation-report
>>> I would be ready and interested to enter test results of Prince 10 rev 3 for the CSS3 Writing Modes test suite *nightly-unstable* build and submit an implementation report.
>>> 1- Is this possible?
>> I don't know what the official rule is, but I think as long as the
>> build is available so that it is possible for others to reproduce the
>> results should they want to, I believe we should accept it.
>> - Florian
>
> The tests in the nightly-unstable test suite are regularly modified from day to day, new tests are added every day, some other tests are removed. So, I now think it would not be possible.
>
> But the entrance page of the nightly-unstable test suite has a link to implementation report.
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/#implement
>
> It's probably an oversight.

I believe Florian was referring to the build of Prince, not the build of the test suite.

His point was that we accept results from any CSS implementation that’s available to the public so that the results can be reproduced.

Note that the test harness associates each entered result with the version of the individual test. So while the test suite is rebuilt each night, individual tests don’t tend to change that often. Any result entered will remain as long as the test doesn’t change.

Peter