Re: Submit an Implementation report based on a nightly-unstable test suite: possible?

On Aug 14, 2015, at 8:35 PM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I've read
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Aug/0020.html
>
> https://wiki.csswg.org/test/implementation-report
>
> I would be ready and interested to enter test results of Prince 10 rev 3 for the CSS3 Writing Modes test suite *nightly-unstable* build and submit an implementation report.
>
> 1- Is this possible?

Yes.

> 2- If so, then what would be the DATESTAMP:
> # http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/DATESTAMP/ <http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/DATESTAMP/>

That field isn’t really needed anymore. It was intended to be the date/time (in ISO yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format) of the time the results were recorded.

> 3-
> When a test line has many characters in its 2nd (middle) column (in the column between testname and result), what does it mean?
> eg
>
> html/abs-pos-non-replaced-icb-vlr-003.htm d3088b2113ff9dc88028dc89b4d030a83db59a2b ?
> xhtml1/abs-pos-non-replaced-icb-vlr-003.xht d3088b2113ff9dc88028dc89b4d030a83db59a2b ?
> html/abs-pos-non-replaced-icb-vlr-005.htm b959f5e9a4d09adc6784d74741b43ff0ac1ea0ca ?
> xhtml1/abs-pos-non-replaced-icb-vlr-005.xht b959f5e9a4d09adc6784d74741b43ff0ac1ea0ca ?

The second column is the changeset ID that the test was last modified in. Just leave it in place, it let’s the test harness associate the result with the exact revision of the test.

There are two ways that you can submit tests for Prince, you can either generate an implementation report using the template that you’ve found, or you can set the proper user agent string in the harness and just run the tests.

People with appropriate permissions (you are one of them) can upload the implementation reports yourself directly into the test harness. On the “Run Tests” page first click the “Change” link at the top pf the page to change the user agent to the one you’re entering test for (if it’s not the browser you’re using), then click the “Batch Upload” button on the “Run Tests” page. Enter the date/time and upload the file.

When you set the user agent, you can either pick the user agent you want from the list (if it’s present), or you can enter the entire user agent string of the agent. For Prince it should be something like:
Prince/10.0 (http://www.princexml.com; Linux i686)

Alternatively you can just email the implementation report to me and I’ll upload it for you.

Peter