Can't We All Just Get Along?

At 2:15 PM -0700 2001/8/18, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>Oops! You've given yourself away, Anne. You are biased against text.
>[...]
>As I see it, you've just disqualified yourself from being taken seriously.
>Most of the members of this group are non-partisan. We are trying to ensure
>equal treatment for all. You, on the other hand, are clearly a partisan.

Can we all please, PLEASE pull back from these types of accusations?

If you want to think this about someone and thereby disqualify whatever
they have to say, then fine, as long as that stays within your own head.

But people PLEASE let's avoid attaching labels or bashing on each other
in attempts to discredit one side or another?  This goes for Anne as
for anyone else.

Let's remember why we agree, and remember why we are a working GROUP,
because MORE viewpoints -- even dissimilar ones -- are better than
FEWER.

Please, no more name-calling, no more "aha I've EXPOSED you!", no more
partisanship from anyone.  Try to understand and value each person's
viewpoint, even if you don't agree.

--Kynn

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison