Re: QNames without prefix

Through a discussion in the XForms WG, it has come to my
attention that apparently XSLT deals with QNames without
prefix in XPath expressions (and other places where it uses
QNames) in the same way as attributes, i.e. they go into
'no namespace', even if there is a xmlns="someURI" in scope.

The problem should be seriously investigated (I'm not an expert
on XSLT nor XML Schema) and  the proposal below should be seriously
reconsidered, to avoid that XSLT is different from specs using XML Schema,
and that people have to fight with two different conventions.

Regards,   Martin.

P.S.: Please keep me on the cc for this topic; I'm no longer
       subscribed to this list.