RE: SOAP-DSIG and OASIS WSS Soap message security

Hi Martin,

               Thanks for the quick response. My question was related to
SOAP-DSIG note from W3C
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/NOTE-SOAP-dsig-20010206/
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/NOTE-SOAP-dsig-20010206/> ). I am assuming in
your response below, XML-DSIG means the XML DSIG specification from W3C
and IETF.

Assuming that I have to make use of XML signature in SOAP messages then
what specification should I use? Should I include XML DSIG tags in
wsse:Security (OASIS WSS) headers or SOAP:SEC (SOAP DSIG) kind of
headers? I think Microsoft and IBM are the main contributors to both of
these specs (OASIS WSS and SOAP-DSIG).

To answer your question related to toolkit, we are at very pre-mature
stage and just looking at some technology specific details only. The
question related to using/building toolkit will come at some later
stage.

Regards,

Manoj.

  _____