Re: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encoding

Jacek Kopecky writes:

>> Noah, I agree with your split of 1.  You once proposed
>> a text on 1a by adding that external references,
>> otherwise untyped, have no type. I suggested that
>> instead of this we just remove the rule which says
>> every value has a type. Which would you prefer, if the
>> WG decides to go 1a?  Best regards,
>>
>> Jacek Kopecky

I'm sorry but I'm not remembering the rewrite you had in mind, and I'm not
quite getting the distinction you make above.  I'm certainly against 1b
(from my note below).   I don't see much distinction between saying that
values MAY be untyped vs. that values MAY have no type.  Thank you.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Sent by: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org